European Environmental Bureau seeks Digital Communications Assistant
The European Environmental Bureau is looking to recruit a young, dynamic
Digital Communications Assistant
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with experience of managing social media tools to maximise our engagement potential on Twitter and Facebook and to help to update our website.
The position will be one-year contract (convention d’immersion professionnelle) based in the EEB communications team in Brussels.
Profile and requirements:
- You are a recent graduate who believes in the power of social media to help communicate messages about a wide range of environmental issues within the Brussels bubble and to our members and other interested parties around Europe.
- You will have a track record in using Twitter and Facebook. You are interested in brainstorming with us on how we can engage better with our Twitter followers and significantly grow our Facebook presence, and generally make better use of these tools.
- You will be confident interacting with colleagues, other NGOs and representatives of the EU institutions.
- You will be happy working as part of a team and taking the initiative on your own.
- You will have impeccable written and spoken English and are ideally fluent in other EU languages
- You are able to deliver accurate, high quality work on time within short deadlines, and to think on your feet.
- You are creative and happy and able to communicate with words and/or images.
- You share the core values of the EEB and can demonstrate knowledge of and commitment to environmental protection and social change.
- You have knowledge of photo editing and using online design tools.
Under the supervision of the Communications Manager:
- Responsibility for our Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- Responsibility for updating the EEB website and helping to manage the revamp of our website later this year.
- Editing and proofreading documents and reports for policy officers and the communications team.
- Helping with everyday tasks in the communications team.
- Helping to disseminate information among our member organisations.
- Drafting articles, press releases, content for the website.
- Keeping our contacts’ database up-to-date.
What we offer:
- A dynamic team that is committed to working to protect the environment and to change the political narrative inside Brussels and in Europe more widely.
- A one-year contract – “convention d’immersion professionnelle” with the opportunity to learn about EU environmental policies, the dynamics of a communications team, how to draft press releases, pitch stories to the press, meet representatives from other green NGOs and journalists…
Please email your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org including a cover letter, CV, 350 words on the main environmental challenges facing the EU and a tweet summarising this.
The deadline for applications is Monday 8 February 2016. For more information see our website: eeb.org