European Environmental Bureau seeks Project Coordinator
The EUROPEAN ENVIRONMENTAL BUREAU, a federation of about 150 environmental citizens’ organisations based in Brussels, has a vacancy for a full-time or 80% PROJECT COORDINATOR for a three-year project on the Sustainable Development Goals.
The Project Coordinator will be based in the EEB office in Brussels and report to the Director for Global Policies and Sustainability. He/she will coordinate a 3-year project promoting the ambitious implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by and in the EU. The EEB is realising this project together with 24 project partners across 15 European Member States and in close coordination with the cross-sectorial civil society coalition SDG Watch Europe.
The successful candidate will:
- Effectively and swiftly coordinate the activities of the 25 project partners including internal communication, general administrative and financial tasks (in cooperation with the finance officer);
- Ensure the efficient organisation of project activities including internal meetings such as working groups and strategy groups, conference calls, the annual meeting of project partners as well as public conferences, meetings and actions in cooperation with other project partners;
- Monitor the smooth implementation of all project activities in accordance with the project schedule, budget and all legal and contractual requirements in coordination with all project partners and the project supervisor;
- Facilitate the work of the 25 project partners, for instance, by providing advice in the organisation of events and actions or in project management and reporting;
- Closely follow discussions and ensure good coordination with SDG Watch Europe in cooperation with the project supervisor;
- Publicly represent the project for the EEB in absence of the project supervisor.
Qualities and Experiences sought:
- Have a relevant third-level academic degree (additional work experience may be accepted in lieu of this);
- Have at least two years of work experience in coordinating projects with several partners, preferably with NGOs;
- Have strong experience in working with a diverse group of stakeholders coming from different backgrounds, cultures and sectors of civil society;
- Have experience with EU-funded projects including project management, internal communication and reporting;
- Have a sound grasp of the functioning of EU institutions, and of EU environmental and sustainable development policies, in particular the SDGs;
- Have experience in the formulation of policy and campaign communication;
- Have excellent coordination, organisation and networking skills as well as strong time management skills;
- Be a team player, service minded, accountable and able to work autonomously;
- Speak and write English fluently, with fluency in other EU languages being considered an asset;
- Be prepared to work outside normal office hours if necessary and to travel at short notice.
- a competitive salary plus benefits together with holiday bonus, 13th month, pension scheme and luncheon vouchers; and
- a dynamic working environment.
Starting Date: 1 June 2017
Please indicate in your application whether you would prefer to work full-time or 80% (4 days per week) or if either is possible for you.
Please send in your application together with your CV for the attention of Isabel de Jesus, EEB Finance and Personnel Manager,
by 30 April 2017
Interviews are likely to be held in the week of 8 May 2017.
Due to limited staff resources and expected numbers of applications, ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL RECEIVE A REPLY.
European Environmental Bureau
Boulevard de Waterloo, 34, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 (0)2 289 10 90; Fax: +32 (0)2 289 10 99