European Family Businesses seeks Policy Advisor
European Family Businesses is the EU federation of national associations representing long-term family-owned enterprises, including small, medium-sized and large companies. Family businesses make up between 65 to 80% of all European companies, accounting for on average more than 40 to 50% of all jobs. Family businesses constitute a substantial part of existing European companies and have a significant role to play in the strength and dynamism of the real economy. EFB aims to safeguard the long-term survival and prosperity of a plural, diverse and economically successful family business sector.
EFB is looking for a staff Policy Advisor to promote the role and importance of family companies in Europe. We are looking for a dynamic self-starter who can work effectively reporting directly to the Secretary-General.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring legislative and non-legislative initiatives that impact family businesses;
- Drafting and coordinating position papers and responses to consultations;
- Supporting EFB’s administration and organizational work, such as event organising, database management, communications;
- Representing EFB at meetings with external stakeholders;
- Supporting the Secretary general on the Communications work (Newsletter, web management, etc)
- Acting as the secretary for EFB’s committees.
- Undergraduate degree or higher in a related field;
- 2-5 years of work experience, preferably in the EU arena;
- Candidates should have excellent English, with very good written and verbal communication skills; knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset;
- Strong IT skills
- The candidate should be self-motivated, well organized, and able to work efficiently and autonomously;
- The person should have a passion for lobbying, public affairs and EU policy.
- Availability to attend meetings and events abroad from time to time
EFB offers you the chance to work in a small dynamic team, a competitive salary, and great working conditions. In addition, we offer access to top business leaders and owners that will broaden your knowledge and network.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Alba Montoto (email@example.com). Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Target start date: 01/10/2018
Deadline for applications: 23/09/2018
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.eu.