European Federation of Cleaning Industries seeks Junior Advisor
EFCI/FENI (European Federation of Cleaning Industries) represents the common interests of the cleaning industry at EU level. It represents 17 national employer organisations in 16 countries, covering some 177,000 companies which employ 3.5 million workers and generate a turnover of 65 billion €.
EFCI’s main objectives are to represent, promote and defend our members’ interests in economic and social affairs at European level, in particular vis-à-vis the European Institutions and in the framework of the European Social Dialogue. EFCI also provides the regular exchange of information between members on major developments in the field of industrial relations, social and labour law as well as public procurement and SME policies in the countries affiliated to and co-operating with EFCI.
EFCI is now looking to recruit a Junior Advisor to work at its small and dynamic Secretariat in Brussels in close co-operation with the Director. Candidates should be available at short term.
- Monitor the EU activities in the above mentioned fields and analyse their implications for the Cleaning Industry;
- Draft policy positions/reports on relevant activities of EU Institutions;
- Work in the implementation of the communication strategy: newsletters, website;
- Gather data and statistics on the cleaning industry, by especially drafting the bi-annual EFCI survey on the cleaning industry in Europe;
- Preparation and follow-up of EFCI-meetings (drafting of content and minutes);
- Liaise with the EU institutions, international organisations and industry associations.
Requirements and competencies
- An appropriate university degree (law, political sciences, economics). Post-graduate degree in EU affairs and 1 to 2 years of professional experience in related field and/or in association’s communications will constitute an asset;
- Excellent command of English and/or French, other languages are an asset;
- Strong analytical, organisational and communication skills;
- Understanding of EU institutions and policy-making process;
- Ability and eagerness to learn fast and to work in a multicultural environment. Flexible and capable of handling a variety of tasks;
- Computer literate; command of Excel and PPT.
- Permanent contract plus benefits (lunch vouchers and reimbursement of public transport fee) according to Belgian law;
- A stimulating and dynamic international environment;
- Opportunities to develop skills and professional objectives.
Applicants are asked to send their full CV and cover letter mentioning at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Junior Advisor” in the subject.
Deadline for Application: 8 June 2018
Proposed starting date: As soon as possible
Due to limited staff resources and numbers of CVs anticipated, only candidates selected for interviews will receive a reply.