European patients’ umbrella organization seeks a Director
A well-known and large European patients’ umbrella organization in the area of noncommunicable diseases, based in Brussels, is seeking to recruit
to lead the organization’s varied and ambitious programs.
The director will be required to manage a small highly professional young team, oversee the various projects of the organization (including EU funded projects), conduct fundraising, establish good working relations with the organization’s sponsors, partners, members and other high level key stakeholders and ensure sound financial management.
The Director will work closely and report to the Board, who will decide on strategy and provide supervision.
The Director will be responsible for supporting the development of the organization’s activities in line with the Board’s decisions. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional with educational and professional background in Public Affairs, Marketing, Communications and a solid knowledge and experience of project and financial management.
The primary task is to ensure that all organizational aspects, including membership capacity building and growth, financial organization and communications, operate flawlessly, while ensuring the sustainability of the organization.
- Develop and implement long term strategic plans as well as an annual operational plan, in close consultation with the Board;
- Oversee the management of all operations including program implementation as well as controlling of all financial assets (ensure that appropriate financial and auditing systems are in place);
- Responsible for the design and execution of a fundraising strategy as well as actively seeking and maintaining a diversified donor base;
- Represent the organization to external audiences through media relations and participation in conferences and forums, following prior consultation with the Board;
- Develop a membership strategy aiming to: increase the number of full members; develop programs aiming to regularly and attractively inform membership; develop programs meant to improve the advocacy capacities of the membership.
- Develop and maintain a working environment that attracts, retains and motivates good quality staff.
- Broad knowledge and experience of NGO management and of working with patient and/or consumer organizations and high level decision makers;
- Proven experience working in a highly visible organization where discretion, confidentiality, professionalism is mandatory;
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills with a minimum 6 years’ senior management experience;
- Good understanding of budget planning and oversight, accounting skills;
- Proven experience in fund-raising;
- MBA level education desirable in one of the following Public Affairs,
- Communications, International Relations, Law or a relevant BA degree plus relevant professional continuing education;
- Outstanding verbal and written skills in English language are a key requirement. Ability and experience in writing long documents such as reports, position papers, etc.;
- Fluency in another European language is mandatory;
- Willingness and availability to undertake business travel at short notice, work longer hours when needed and assist in all activities of a busy small office.
- This is a full time position based in Brussels.
- Gross salary paid 13.92 times per year based on qualifications and experience.
- Initially, a 6-month probationary period contract will be offered, and following satisfactory performance appraisal at the end of the six-month period, a renewable contract for one year will be offered.
- Vacations: four weeks per year to be taken according to the needs of the office.
Please send your detailed CV accompanied by a motivation letter explaining your professional achievements and your strong points for this position not later than Aug. 15 to Mrs. Nelly Toca at firstname.lastname@example.org advising your availability for an eventual interview within August.