European Programme Manager (m/f/d)
The University of Vienna is the largest Austrian research institution hosting 6,800 academics within 15 faculties and five centres, dedicated to both basic and applied research. The University has been awarded over 150 EU Horizon 2020 projects, 29 of which are European Research Council Investigator Grants. The University has committed itself to increasing its number of applications to the European Research Framework Programmes and the number of projects it coordinates. The Research Services Department is therefore looking to widen the professional scope of its support to University of Vienna researchers applying for European and internationally funded research projects.
Whilst currently offering comprehensive advice on, and assistance with, the grant application process, the Department is looking to strengthen its offer in writing funding proposals and setting up project consortia. This challenging role will therefore provide intensive pre-award support to researchers at the University, turning initial project ideas into competitive project applications, in particular under the Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe Programmes.
The position would be ideally suited to a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual, with excellent planning, organisation and creative skills. In addition, she/he should be able to work collaboratively with academic and research support staff to deliver a comprehensive administrative support service to the University. Because of the challenges of this position, the candidate should have experience in writing grant proposals and being able to work closely with researchers in a diverse environment.
This role is initially a 12-month contract, with a possibility of a permanent position.
European Programme Manager (m/f/d)
- Support in writing and building project applications for potential consortium leaders of the University of Vienna in H2020 and Horizon Europe;
- Undertaking awareness raising activities to inform on opportunities under the H2020 and Horizon Europe Programmes as well as other international funding opportunities;
- Targeting and searching for funding opportunities;
- Supporting the University in its preparation for Horizon Europe;
- Support in the grant application process, in particular for EU projects but also other international funding schemes, including pre-screening and budgeting of proposals;
- Responding to project-related queries from principal investigators, international project partners, University administrative officers and European Commission project officers;
- Support in the resolving of potential project implementation issues in line with internal University regulations and policies and funder guidelines;
- Contribute to the overall work of the Research Services and Career Development Department and undertake other such duties as required from time to time.
- University Degree;
- Experience of writing EU funded research project applications (Framework Programme, Horizon 2020) and setting up a consortium;
- Knowledge about EU funding opportunities and funding policies and being able to convert this information to researchers;
- A proven capacity to be proactive, to work on and solve problems independently and to manage and prioritise the workload;
- Knowledge of international research funding opportunities;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional manner with a diverse range of people;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English. Knowledge of German is an advantage;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
Applications, including a letter of motivation (in English or German), should be submitted via the Job Center of the University of Vienna (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) by no later than 15th October 2019, reference number 9081.
For further information please contact Schaschl Helmut +43-1-4277-18218, Radlberger, Amy +43-1-4277-18228.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Human Resources and Gender Equality of the University of Vienna
Reference number: 9081
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!