European Sunlight Association seeks Communication Assistant
The European Sunlight Association, the voice of the European indoor tanning industry, is recruiting a Communication Assistant to collaborate with the Secretary General and the Board on public affairs and media strategy and activities.
Dealing with national and European media enquiries, liaising with EU officials and other stakeholders, organising media events, participating at high-level meetings, preparation of news items and press releases for both social media and regular media, screening of relevant daily news, putting together a weekly newsletter for ESA members and updating of our website are the core activities for this position.
Some travelling, 2-4 trips a year, as some meetings are abroad at other EU countries. The job also comprises administrational work such as dealing with paper mail, phone calls, assisting in the preparation of reports, writing of meeting minutes, filing documents with the EU institutions and/or authorities, updating of contact lists, organising meetings for ESA in and outside of Brussels, attend our Board and General Meetings etc.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualities and expertise
- A University degree in political science, communication or similar.
- At least one year of relevant work experience.
- A good knowledge of the EU institutions and policy processes.
- Strong interpersonal, networking and communications skills.
- A positive mind-set with the ability to rise to the occasion.
- Result oriented, flexible and dynamic personality.
- Team player but with capacity to work independently and take initiative.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Good German and French language skills are a prerequisite.
- Good administrational and IT skills (Microsoft Office applications etc.).
- Experience in WordPress, Mailchimp and community management (facebook, twitter).
Desirable, but not a must
- Previous work experience at a national or European association or strategic advisory firm.
- Work experience at a post, which required interactions with the European Institutions.
- An established network (press and healthcare related stakeholders) in Brussels.
- Experience in using social media for public affairs and campaigning.
The Communication Officer will work under the guidance of the Secretary General. It is an absolute necessity that the chosen candidate is able to work independently as the SG is working out of Germany a lot. The objective of the position is to promote ESA’s public affairs objectives, raise public and political awareness on issues relevant to our industry, further increase the visibility of ESA in its role as a Key Opinion Leader and European information exchange platform. The ESA is offering an attractive remuneration package. Exact salary and benefits will be offered according to experience. This position is intended as part- or fulltime , depending on the profile of the candidate.
To apply for this position send a CV (max. 2 pages) and Cover Letter (max. 1 page) to Mr Frank Harbusch, Secretary General at email@example.com.
Please use Communication Assistant Application as subject in the email. Due to a large number of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted .
Earliest starting date: 1st of March 2018. A first round of shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview as of mid-February.