European Sunlight Association seeks Communication Officer
The European Sunlight Association, the voice of the European indoor tanning industry, is recruiting a
to collaborate with the Secretary General and the Board on public affairs and media strategy and activities. Dealing with national and European media enquiries, liaising with EU officials and other stakeholders, organising media events, participating at high-level meetings, preparation of news items and press releases for both social media and regular media, screening of relevant daily news, putting together a weekly newsletter for ESA members and updating of our website are the core activities for this position.
The job also comprises administrational work such as dealing with paper mail, phone calls, online banking, preparing the monthly and quarterly invoices for ESA’s accountant, assisting in the preparation of reports, writing of meeting minutes, filing documents with the EU institutions and/or authorities, updating of contact lists, organising meetings for ESA in and outside of Brussels, attend our Board and General Meetings etc.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualities and expertise:
- A University degree in political science, communication or similar.
- At least three years of relevant work experience.
- A good knowledge of the EU institutions and policy processes.
- Strong interpersonal, networking and communications skills.
- A positive mind-set with the ability to rise to the occasion.
- Result oriented, flexible and dynamic personality.
- Team player but with capacity to work independently and take initiative.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Good German and French language skills.
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint).
- Experience in WordPress, Mailchimp and community management (facebook).
- Previous work experience at a national or European association or strategic advisory firm.
- Previous work experience at a post with required interactions with the European Institutions.
- An already established network of contacts (press and healthcare related stakeholders) in Brussels.
- Experience in using social media for public affairs and campaigning.
The “Communication Officer” will work under the guidance of the Secretary General.
The objective of the position is to promote ESA’s public affairs objectives, raise public and political awareness on issues relevant to our industry, further increase the visibility of ESA in its role as a Key Opinion Leader and European information exchange platform.
The ESA is offering an attractive remuneration package. Exact salary and benefits will be offered according to experience.
This position is intended as part-time, but full-time is an option for the near future or in case that the candidate has the skills and know-how to also be our coordinator for scientific research.
To apply for this position send a CV (max. 2 pages) and Cover Letter (max. 1 page) to Mr Frank Harbusch, Secretary General at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Communication Officer Application” as subject in the email.
Due to a large number of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Estimated starting date: 1st of April 2017 (or earlier). A first round of shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview end of December/ beginning of January.