European Youth Forum offers an Internship in Policy & Advocacy (m/f)
The European Youth Forum believes in quality on-the-job learning opportunities and this internship is in line with the European Charter for Quality Internships and Apprenticeships (www.qualityinternships.eu). The European Youth Forum has been awarded the European Label for Quality Internships (Champion) by Interns GoPro.
The European Youth Forum is the platform of youth organisations in Europe. Independent, democratic and youth-led, it represents more than 90 National Youth Councils and International Youth Organisations from across the continent. The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives, by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations towards the European Institutions, the Council of Europe and the United Nations.
The European Youth Forum offers an
Internship in Policy & Advocacy (m/f)
Duration: 3 months
Deadline for applications: 04/10/2015
The European Youth Forum is recruiting an intern for 3 months, starting immediately, in the Policy and Advocacy Department of the organisation. The internship is full-time and based at the European Youth Forum secretariat in Brussels.
The intern will work to develop its advocacy work and its cooperation with European institutions. The intern would specifically work on projects and events reaching out to decision-makers and stakeholders at European level.
The intern will support the institutional team of the Policy and Advocacy Department in its relations with European institutions across all policies areas that are relevant for young people. The objectives are to help to set the agenda, and deepen our relations with institutional partners. The intern will be supported by the Institutional Coordinator to achieve jointly agreed tasks and activities.
These may include:
- Contribute through helping in the organising of events to enlarge, structure and animate the network of institutional contacts;
- Monitoring the work of the European Parliament, in particular of the CULT committee, the Youth Intergroup and the Plenary on youth issues;
- Monitoring the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Work directly on some policy actions – such as the preparation of a simulation EU referendum in the UK;
- Support holistic vision of youth policy across all policy areas and the Structured Dialogue on Youth process.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
The Youth Forum seeks applicants with the following profile:
- Able to demonstrate a previous experience or an interest in the youth policy field;
- Studies or direct experience of European institutions;
- Experience of organising advocacy events targeting decision-makers and stakeholders;
- Experience in a youth organisation would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to communicate clearly and openly;
- Organised and methodical in task completion;
- Has self-confidence and an engaging attitude;
- Capacity to work with people from different social and cultural backgrounds;
- Excellent written and oral skills in English, and preferably in French;
- Computer literate (European Youth Forum uses Mac OS).
What the European Youth Forum offers:
- An interesting learning opportunity and working experience in a major Brussels-based NGO;
- Insight into and development of skills in EU affairs communication, including the opportunity to draft articles, monitor social media and assist at events;
- The opportunity to gain specific knowledge on advocacy related to youth policy, education, social affairs, sustainable development, etc.;
- An internship regulated under the conditions of the Belgium internship contract called “Convention d’immersion professionnelle” (see more information at: http://www.emploi.belgique.be/defaultTab.aspx?id=3460) and in line with the European Charter for Quality Internships and Apprenticeships (www.qualityinternships.eu);
- An internship with a monthly compensation of 1.595,08 € gross paid under the European Youth Forum Collective Bargaining Agreement;
- Coverage of 100% of the public transport travel costs within the Brussels region and of 60% of the public transport travel costs outside the Brussels region.
To submit your application for this vacancy, please use the new European Youth Forum online recruitment system (till 04/10/2015):
http://recruitment.youthforum.org (see instructions below).
How to apply with the online application system?
- Create a user account: click on “Registration” and fill in your personal details;
- Go to the “private area” and login with your username and password;
- Click on the vacancy and apply;
- Respond to our application questions;
- Upload your CV.
Interviews for this vacancy will be held during (early October) and the successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
Due to the high number of applications usually received for European Youth Forum vacancies, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
The European Youth Forum aims to ensure that no job application or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.