Eurosif seeks Head of EU Policy and Research
Created in 2003, EUROSIF, the European Sustainable Investment Forum, is the leading pan-European sustainable investment membership association whose mission is to develop sustainability across European financial markets. Eurosif works as a partnership of national Sustainable Investment Forums with the support of a network of over 500 affiliate organisations drawn from the industry. These include asset managers, ESG rating agencies, research and investment service providers and NGO’s. As such, Eurosif speaks authoritatively and broadly on SRI (Sustainable and Responsible Investment) issues. Our key activities are EU policy and research.
For more details see: http://www.eurosif.org
Head of EU Policy and Research
- Assist the Executive Director with public policy activities.
- Project manage research projects.
- Liaise with the Communications Executive on content
The balance between these tasks varies according to the research agenda. Percentage figures below are indicative.
EU Policy (60%-70% of work time)
- Monitor EU legislative developments in key policy areas of interest to Eurosif, particularly financial services
- Draft policy positions in consultation with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate policy working groups / taskforces.
- Prepare policy briefings and support meeting preparation.
- Participate at EU policy meetings and events.
- Contribute to Eurosif Policy newsletter and policy webcasts with members.
Research and projects (40%-30% of work time)
- Project manage research projects, incl. budget control, liaison with members.
- Draft research reports based on data collected from members and / or Eurosif.
- Support promotion of research (eg. prepare slides, liaison with communications, draft articles).
- Support the development of the European SRI Transparency Code.
- Other ad-hoc projects and duties.
- Support the overall good functioning of Eurosif’s Brussels office and assisting colleagues when needed.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the financial sector (stage, first job).
- Advanced University degree, preferably in economics, business, finance, law or European Affairs.
- Solid understanding, preferably acquired through practice, of the European institutions and the European decision-making processes
- Fluent English language communication skills (incl. written), native speaker preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Ability to proofread with strong attention to details.
- Structured, very well-organised, able to multi-task.
- Ability to manage heavy workload within tight deadlines.
- Self-disciplined, ability to work autonomously and with a sense of initiative.
- Strong team player, willing to support other colleagues and work in a small team.
- Positive and ‘can do’ attitude, stress resistant.
- Good numerical skills.
What we offer:
- A stimulating and dynamic international environment where personal initiative is welcome.
- Opportunities to develop skills and knowledge around sustainable and responsible investment and a range of related topics from climate change to CSR.
- An opportunity to provide a sense of purpose to your work and align it with your personal values.
- Excellent network-building opportunities with EUROSIF ‘s pan-European and Brussels network.
Type of contract : Permanent (80% or full time)
Pay: €30,000 – €40,000 gross for full time (depending on experience)
Location: Rue du Progrès 333/11, B-1030 Brussels
Start date: September 2015
Applications: Deadline by June 10, 2015
To apply Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “POLICY – YOUR NAME” in the subject box.
Please note that due to the high number of applications, Eurosif will regrettably not be able to respond to each application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.