ExxonMobil seeks EU Affairs Advisor, EU Public & Government Affairs
EU Affairs Advisor, EU Public & Government Affairs
ExxonMobil is the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, best known in the Benelux for its Esso and Mobil brands. With activities in nearly all countries around the world, ExxonMobil prides itself on its commitment to meeting the world’s growing demand for energy in an economically, environmentally and socially responsible manner. The company strives towards operational excellence with talented people, strong financial resources and cutting edge technology.
ExxonMobil Petroleum & Chemical b.v.b.a. is looking for an experienced EU Affairs Advisor to join its EU Public & Government Affairs team, focusing primarily on EU energy, climate, and environmental topics. The selected candidate will work in a stimulating and fast-paced environment to contribute to ExxonMobil’s advocacy activities toward the EU institutions. This full-time, permanent position is based in Brussels.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the development of ExxonMobil positions, strategies, and advocacy materials necessary to impact EU legislation and major public policy issues of interest for ExxonMobil
- Participate in the development of position papers and advocacy activities within trade associations to ensure consistency with ExxonMobil’s strategies and positions
- Represent ExxonMobil externally and liaise with Brussels policy makers and policy shapers to build relationships and promote ExxonMobil’s interests
- Anticipate regulatory developments and develop political analysis and intelligence to support business objectives
- Provide strategic guidance and briefings to management as well as preparation for external speaking opportunities
- 10+ years of experience in EU Affairs, preferably in the energy & climate sector (EU institutions, public affairs consultancy, relevant trade association, multi-national corporation)
- In-depth knowledge of EU energy regulation and developments as well as the EU institutional decision-making process
- Strong EU stakeholders network of contacts
- Advanced university degree, preferably in Law, Political Science/International Relations/EU studies, or related degree
- Fluent in English. Other languages are an advantage, in particular French and German
- International orientation/experience
- Excellent analytical and strategic skills
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- Results oriented, with strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities under pressure
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Advocacy strategy and tactics development expertise
The selected candidate will further be a dedicated and enthusiastic team player who shows adaptability to corporate structures and flexibility in a fast-changing environment.