FACE seeks Senior Legal & Public Affairs Manager
Senior Legal & Public Affairs Manager
FACE is looking for a Senior Legal & Public Affairs Manager to join its ambitious team in Brussels. We are looking for someone who has a proven track record in legal affairs and interest representation that can ensure the effective coordination and delivery of FACE’s legal and public affairs objectives.
He or she should be passionate about hunting and willing to work hard to increase our reach and promote sustainable hunting and conservation in Europe. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the oversight and management of policy and legal staff.
ROLE DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Advocacy and External Relations
- Develop advocacy strategies and ensure effective coordination and delivery of FACE’s legal and political objectives, with focus on the EU and international institutions;
- Represent FACE and its positions in external meetings and public events, and as required, engage with the media;
- Develop and leverage key relationships and alliances with decision makers and stakeholders, with particular attention to the EU and international institutions.
- Oversee the monitoring and intelligence gathering of EU and international legal and policy developments in the field of hunting and nature conservation (such as environment, firearms, animal health, animal welfare & ethics, wildlife trade,…);
- Analyse and report on relevant political and legislative developments of relevance to FACE’s Members and draft positions papers;
- Manage and coordinate FACE’s legal affairs expertise (personnel and Members’ working group).
- Responsibility for personnel, budgetary, and administrative matters, as assigned;
- Willing to work flexibly and travel frequently;
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher university level education or equivalent (preferably in law);
- A minimum of five years’ experience in European public affairs in any of the following areas: EU institutions, trade associations, NGOs, corporations or think tanks;
- Excellent knowledge of EU law and policy making processes;
- Demonstrated ability to work in an international context from differing backgrounds and varying cultures with tact and diplomacy.
KEY SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Passionate about hunting, shooting, countryside activities and nature conservation
- Excellent communication, diplomatic and networking skills and ability to convince groups;
- Ability to think and act strategically and laterally and understanding of political processes;
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage priorities and work to deadlines under pressure;
- Fluent in written and spoken English with a working knowledge of at least one other European language, preferably French and/or German. Additional European language would be an asset;
Terms: Time-unlimited contract (under Belgian law). Attractive salary & benefits combined package.
Reports to: Secretary General
Starting date: As soon as possible
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 5 May.
Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
For questions about this position, please contact Mr. Ludwig Willnegger.
- Job Type
- Job Salary
- Job Category
- Date posted
- assistent der geschäftsführung
- campaign coordinator
- community building and the use of social media
- community management
- eastern neighbourhood
- eu delegation
- eu neighbourhood
- eu project
- european commission
- excellent understanding of journalism
- foreign affairs
- foreign policy
- full time
- information and communication
- international relations
- journalistic training
- Lobbying und Fundraising.
- media relations
- media training
- migration policy
- neighbourhood area
- Non Profit
- Presse- und Öffentlichkeitsarbeit
- professional expertise in international cooperation
- project manager
- proposal writer
- social media
- team leader
- think tank
- transatlantic relations
politjobs job alert
Register now for our free politjobs job alert:
politjobs job alert archive
– advertisment –