Facebook seeks Administrative Assistant, Public Policy
Administrative Assistant, Public Policy
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experience Administrative Assistant to support our Managing Director of Public Policy in Brussels. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills and will have the ability to partner closely with the broader Policy team and other cross functional teams. This person should be process focused, highly organized, energetic, detail orientated, a problem solver and exhibit sound judgement. This position is full-time and located in Brussels.
- Provide day-to-day support to a busy team including: complex calendar management for internal and external meetings, managing heavy domestic and international travel arrangements, and completing expense reports
- Manage team meeting schedule, structure, agenda and follow-up
- Manage significant budget across multiple countries and owners
- Project manage all logistics for team off-sites
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and speaking engagements
- Build cross-functional relationships with key partners in other departments
- 4+ years of administrative experience including supports of a partner/director level executive
- 4+ years of experience coordinating travel logistics on behalf of 3 or more executives
- 4+ years of calendar management and expense report management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suits, with strong Excel skills
- power user of Concur and Oracle. Fluent English essential – additional languages a distinct advantage (in particular: French and German
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Passionate about Facebook with a strong understanding of its product
- Able to think, plan and execute quickly and resourcefully, both autonomously and as part of a broader team and thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Able to efficiently manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to operate with a high level of confidentiality
- Comfortable with giving and receiving feedback
- Strong team player and relationship builder with peers.