Facebook seeks Public Policy Manager (m/f)
Public Policy Manager (m/f)
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
As Facebook has become part of the daily lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world, policy makers in many countries naturally wish to talk to us, and we wish to talk to them. The Policy team manages these conversations – sharing information about the company’s products and activities, responding to queries from politicians and regulators, and providing input into the development of regulation of the Internet sector. We are looking for superb policy communicators who can combine a passion for Internet services like Facebook with CSR and consumer based issues.
Successful applicants will become part of a team that is dealing with some of the most interesting public policy challenges of our times including privacy, freedom of expression, the impact of the internet on business models, and new opportunities for public service delivery. Knowledge in e-Commerce, cyber security, data privacy legislations is recommendable. This role will be based in Brussels.
- Develop and execute strategic approach to achieve company goals in public policy
- Monitor legislation and regulatory matters affecting Facebook and advise company with respect to policy challenges
- Represent Facebook in meetings with government officials and elected members
- Develop public policy positions with other team members at Facebook
- Build coalitions with other organizations to advance policy goals of Facebook
- Create innovative programmes for outreach to policy makers on the opportunities offered by Facebook
- Communicate Facebook’s positions in public presentations and with media
- Advise Facebook teams on public policy matters to guide development of products, services and policies
- A degree or advanced degree in a related field (or equivalent)
- Significant experience working on relevant policy issues – candidates with both government/politics and industry experience preferred
- Fluent English and French language essential – additional languages is a distinct advantage (in particular: German, Spanish).
- Several years experience working with politicians and government officials including those at the most senior levels
- A passionate belief in the social benefits of the Internet and Facebook in particular
- An ability to build and manage cross-functional teams from a wide range of disciplines
- Excellent communication skills for both small meetings and large events
- A flexible mindset that thrives in a fast-moving environment with a strong do-it-yourself culture
- A track record of writing and delivering articles, speeches, and presentations on relevant topics
- An ability to translate between the specialist languages of technology and politics
- Detailed knowledge of EU regulatory and legislative processes
All applications must be in English