FEANTSA seeks policy officer
FEANTSA, the European Federation of National Organisations Working with the Homeless, is an umbrella of not-for-profit organisations which participate in or contribute to the fight against homelessness in Europe. FEANTSA’s objective is to prevent and alleviate poverty and social exclusion for people threatened by or living in homelessness, by encouraging and facilitating the co-operation of all relevant actors fighting homelessness in Europe. Established in 1989 as a European non-governmental organisation, FEANTSA currently has more than 130 member organisations working across Europe in almost all of the EU’s member states.
FEANTSA is recruiting a full-time policy officer to start as soon as possible.
Your role as Policy Officer at FEANTSA will consist of the following main tasks:
- Organising the annual conference of FEANTSA which is a major event for the homeless sector in Europe in which several hundred stakeholders participate (for more information http://goo.gl/IhsRNq);
- Coordinating and further developing Habitact – a European network of local authority representatives involved in the fight against homelessness which is part of FEANTSA (for more information www.habitact.eu);
- Policy work on some themes related to homelessness such as employment and youth (to be further defined and refined).
- Relevant University education;
- Relevant work experience especially with organising major events and project management;
- Good understanding of and sympathy for the homeless cause;
- Good understanding of the functioning of the European Union;
- English mother tongue or equivalent level and good command of French;
- Open-minded, flexible and enthusiastic team-player.
How to apply:
Send your CV and cover letter (maximum one page) to email@example.com.
Closing date: 15 May 2016
Interviews: 2nd half of May with a view to begin the job beginning of July at the latest.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to reply to all applications. Therefore if you have received no response by mid-May, please assume that you have not been successful this time.