FEPS seeks Policy Advisor
FEPS is the progressive think tank at European level, with almost 50 member political Foundations and think tanks across Europe. It embodies a new way of thinking on the social democratic, socialist and labour scene in Europe. It seeks to serve as a platform for ideas and aims to tackle the challenges that Europe faces today by putting fresh thinking at the core of its action.
The Foundation carries out regular projects with its members and holds special close working relationships with renowned European and international partners. FEPS is well recognised in European progressive political circles and has established a strong network, which plays a key role in the publications, research and analysis carried out.
The Foundation for European Progressive Studies is now recruiting for Policy Advisor specialising in Migration policy.
Policy Advisor Specialising in Migration
Migration is undoubtedly one of the key issues which will define the EU legislation and European cultures and societies alongside its socio-economic development in the next period. FEPS is looking for a candidate who has a keen vision for shaping a European Progressive Migration Policy, with the experience and knowledge to carry this through.
- Should possess at least 4 years working experience on the topic of migration policy;
- Preferably holds a degree in in this field of study or similar (e.g. political sciences, social sciences, law);
- Knows the European and international institutions and processes related to this topic;
- Fully understands a progressive migration policy;
- Would also be coordinating other projects within the framework of a Progressive, democratic Europe which FEPS is carrying out;
- Needs to have excellent command of English which will be the principle working language. A good level of another official EU working language, particularly French is highly desirable. Any other languages are always an additional asset.
The work contract will start ideally from beginning May 2016.
The salary will be discussed depending on experience and qualifications. As FEPS is registered in Belgium as an AISBL, the contract will be under Belgian law.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and CV in English to email@example.com by Sunday 3rd April at the latest.
You will be contacted directly if you are selected for an interview and all candidates will be contacted at the end of the selection process to let you know if you have been successful or not.