Fire Safe Europe seeks Public Affairs Account Executive
Public Affairs Account Executive
(Full Time, CDI Contract)
Our mission at Fire Safe Europe (FSEU) is to improve fire safety in buildings for people. We are a small and dynamic European association, that engages members, EU policy makers and key stakeholders to ensure that people are safe from fire in every building they spend time in.
Would you like to support us in our mission, and work with smart, driven and creative professionals in an exciting environment where you get a lot of freedom, autonomy and opportunities to grow?
You support FSEU and the team in 2 key domains: public affairs and association/member management.
Tasks – Public Affairs
- Support us in delivering FSEU’s message to policy makers, fire safety experts and the broader EU public;
- Organise campaign activities, meetings, high level political round tables and live events;
- Monitor, assimilate and research relevant information sources and communicate on key developments;
- Gather relevant information and write newsletters, reports, social media updates, presentations and all other forms of communication that help us spread the word and gain the support of our target audience.
Tasks – Association Management
- Support the internal team, and our members where needed: preparing documents, drafting reports and meeting minutes, answering questions, …;
- Interact with members and stakeholders, and represent our association and what we stand for, by participating in member meetings, external events, conference calls, etc.;
- Keep members and the internal team up to date with key developments, and answer any questions they may have;
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts (and keep our contact management database up to date).
- Background in political sciences or European affairs, with knowledge of EU policy making;
- Strong writing skills: ability to conceptualise, analyse and write persuasive arguments;
- Strong real-life communication and networking skills, and proven social media skills;
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing);
- Cultural fit: fast-paced, high standards, few standard processes, lot of freedom and autonomy, focused on getting it done, open and direct communication;
- Make you extra interesting: Prior experience of working with the European Parliament, knowledge of fire sector, experience managing political campaigns, ability to speak and write in French.
Interested in an adventure full of professional growth and motivating challenges?
- Submit your application in English by latest EOB 16 July 2018 to email@example.com;
- Send us your CV and a letter of motivation, describing your interest and relevance to the position;
- Mention “FSEU EU Affairs Account Executive” in the subject line of the email;
- You will hear back within 5 business days if your application has been retained.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.eu.