Friends of Europe seeks Managing Director
FRIENDS OF EUROPE IS GROWING AND IS NOW LOOKING FOR A NEW MANAGING DIRECTOR (MD).
Are you a dynamic, pragmatic and creative leader and motivator? Are you passionate about the future of Europe, and how best to address today’s challenges for Europe’s citizens? Are you ready to put your energy and passion to work in a highly entrepreneurial and international team of approximately 35 people?
As part of the further development and expansion of Friends of Europe as the authoritative and innovative think tank for EU policy analysis and debate, our current Co-Founder and Managing Director Geert Cami will take new responsibilities as Secretary General of the Board to help further Friends of Europe’s strategic international objectives. In partnership with Egon Zehnder, we are therefore looking for a new Managing Director to take on the day-to-day responsibilities of Friends of Europe’s talented staff, budgets, partnerships and overall direction.
Friends of Europe is an independent think tank that aims to connect people, stimulate debate and trigger change for a more inclusive, sustainable and forward-looking Europe. Our insightful and timely publications and animated debates provide access to sharp analysis and produce bold recommendations. We promote the confrontation of ideas between established leaders and citizens, between young and old, experts and laymen, left and right of the political spectrum, and between people from various walks of life and convictions.
The MD will
- Consolidate, enhance and implement a vision for the future of Friends of Europe as a high profile and high quality think tank not operating in an ivory tower, but with great outreach to wider audiences;
- Oversee agenda-setting and spot opportunities in relevant policy areas where Friends of Europe could help make a difference, further improving our recognition as a thought leader;
- Lead and motivate the (management) team in setting objectives, priorities, methodologies & work programmes, and accompany the leadership team in implementation & evaluation of those objectives;
- Take full responsibility for setting the annual budget, leading the various fundraising efforts, contract management, coordination of regular budget controls & adjustments and keeping the organisation in good financial health;
- Oversee human resource management, including policies and tools to identify and hire the appropriate professionals, accompany their professional development, oversee evaluation processes and keep staff motivated and enthusiastic.
- People manager: strong modern leadership capacities with empathy and interpersonal skills to inspire and navigate the management team and international staff;
- Excellent understanding of EU policy issues and capable of delivering on our ambition to be a modern and pragmatic think tank in the 21st century (with emphasis on policy relevance, outreach and wider impact);
- Able to lead and supervise administrative & financial processes (project planning, reporting needs, HRM management etc.);
- Creative negotiator & fundraiser;
- Fluent in English and French, other languages an asset;
- Organised, flexible, fast and accurate;
- Able to think out-of-the-box.
Let us know about your passion and relevant experience. Tell us what you have done and what you can do in the future. Tell us how your skills, qualifications and experience fit our needs. We don’t mind the format, but be brief and clear.
Please send your application, including CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be treated with the utmost care and discretion.
The closing date for applications is 26.01.2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We offer a competitive remuneration, taking into account the specificities of a not-for-profit think tank.