FuelsEurope seeks EU Affairs Intern
EU Affairs Intern
FuelsEurope is looking for a 12 month intern for its advocacy division:
Purpose of the Role and specific responsibilities
1. Provide analytical and material preparation support to FuelsEurope staff in their advocacy role by:
- analysing official reports and documents from the EU institutions on air quality, industrial emissions, energy, climate, environment and other issues relevant to the EU refining industry
- participating in internal working group meetings and discussions
- drafting minutes and preparing presentation material and briefing notes
- following debates in the EU institutions
- researching ad hoc projects
- collecting data
2. Extend and check accuracy of the actual database of relevant information for use in FuelsEurope’s external events
3. Attend and report on conferences and seminars in the Commission, Council, Parliament and other stakeholders’ events.
FuelsEurope: Background Information
FuelsEurope represents the interests of 42 Companies operating refineries in the EU. Members account for almost 100% of EU petroleum refining capacity and more than 75% of EU motor fuel retail sales.
FuelsEurope aims to promote economically and environmentally sustainable refining, supply and use of petroleum products in the EU, by providing input and expert advice to the EU Institutions, Member State Governments and the wider community, thus contributing in a constructive and pro-active way to the development and implementation of EU policies and regulations.
Education & Experience
- Graduate higher education (in Economics/Politics …)
- Previous experience in the EU institutions or organisations working closely with EU institutions
- Strong interest in EU institutions /policy making
Skills & Competencies
- Very good command of English (oral and written) is a pre-requisite
- Strong analytical skills in data collection and interpretation
- Computer literate
- Self-starter and autonomous in his/her work
- Well organised
- Flexible and team oriented
- Permit to work in the EU
Organisational Fit: Reports to the European Public Affairs ManagerThe internship is remunerated.
For application, please send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com mentioning “FuelsEurope internship in EU Affairs” in the subject of your e-mail.
By applying for this vacancy, you agree that we use your personal data for recruitment purposes only. All your private information will be deleted from our files after the recruitment process.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.eu.