GEODE seeks Junior Policy Advisor
Junior Policy Advisor
GEODE – the European association representing local energy companies with a particular focus on electricity and gas distribution is recruiting a Junior Policy Advisor to work in the association’s Brussels office, starting as soon as possible.
The selected candidate will be employed in the form of a remunerated internship under the Belgian “Convention d’immersion professionnelle”, with the possibility of permanent employment afterwards.
You will be part of a dynamic international team in the heart of the EU area and integrated into the daily activities of our representation office. This job offers a great opportunity to step into EU policy and get valuable professional experience in how advocacy is done in the debate with decision-makers and stakeholders. You will be given the opportunity to learn building, expanding and using professional networks, how to best shape EU energy policy, taking advantage of language, soft & personal skills in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Support the Secretariat in GEODE’s activities related to the European energy sector – mainly electricity and gas distribution. Topics are the Clean Energy Package, smart grids, storage, metering, data management, integration of renewables, flexibility, network operation, e-mobility.
- Support and coordinate the drafting of GEODE publications and key messages, in particular for the above mentioned topics.
- Deliver input to public consultations and further GEODE work related to the European decision-making process.
- Represent GEODE in relevant platforms and meetings.
- Advice and inform GEODE members on energy related issues.
- Support organizing and preparing events and meetings.
- Degree and/or background/education/experience in European affairs.
- First experience in an European association or EU institutions preferred
- Understanding of the EU policy-making process.
- Knowledge and interest in EU energy policy.
- Excellent English (native speaker level), other European languages are an asset.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills, flexibility, responsibility.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- 38,5 hrs per week, form Monday to Friday
- Occasional travelling might be required
If you think that you area good fit for this position, please apply with a motivation letter and CV (maximum 2 pages!) by 10 May 2018. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “Application Junior Policy GEODE” in the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Due to the expected high number of applications, we will not be able to reply to any additional queries.