German Broadband Association seeks Head of BREKO Office Brussels
Head of BREKO Office Brussels
Advisor European Network Policy
The German Broadband Association (BREKO) represents the majority of all alternative fixed line broadband network operators in Germany. BREKO members rely on future-proof fibre infrastructures and currently account for more than 60 percent of the competitive FTTB/H deployment. Since its inception in 1999, BREKO has successfully advocated competition on the German telecommunications market. Our more than 300 members, including more than 180 city and regional carriers as well as municipal utilities, provide urban as well as rural areas, the so-called “white spots”, with high-performance fibre access. BREKO companies thus make a major contribution to the comprehensive fibre deployment in Germany as well as to the achievement of the German Federal Government’s broadband targets. BREKO members are willing and prepared to continue their significant investments in order to establish fibre as the proper foundation for digitisation and to pave the way for Germany towards the Gigabit Society. BREKO is committed to achieving this goal by providing expert knowledge on adequate political and regulatory framework conditions.
With immediate effect, we are looking for an Advisor for European Network Policy for our office in Brussels to head the European BREKO representation in Brussels.
- Represent BREKO at European level
- Establish and maintain contact and exchange with the European institutions (in particular the European Parliament and the European Commission) and establish the association as a contact for all questions concerning broadband deployment
- Support our positions on European telecommunications and network policy and represent BREKO in European telecommunications associations
- Organise events in various formats
- Work closely with your colleagues from our offices in Bonn (association headquarters) and Berlin (capital city office) and support in particular the areas of politics, regulation and press relations
- You have successfully completed university studies in politics, economics or law or have a comparable qualification
- You have a sound knowledge of European politics and are familiar with the decision-making processes within the EU
- Ideally, you have already gained first professional experience in the EU Commission or the political arena in Brussels and are familiar with the telecommunications industry
- You are interested in digital and ICT issues, are communicative and have a confident and convincing appearance
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills, in German as well as in English and ideally in French – and have a strong sense of initiative and organisational talent. Last but not least, you are able to maintain an overview and a sense of humour despite a considerable workload
Did we spark your interest?
If so, we look forward to receiving your detailed application, including your salary expectations. Please send your cover letter as well as your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.eu.