Gilead seeks Senior Manager, Government & Public Affairs, BeLux
Senior Manager, Government & Public Affairs, BeLux
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
About the role
This is a newly created role within the Market Access team in Belgium & Luxembourg (Belux), reporting to the Head of Market Access. This role has responsibility for implementing government/public affairs plans in Belgium & Luxembourg, across all Gilead disease areas, and acting as the lead contact point for government, political and policymaker stakeholders in these geographies.
You will be based in Belgium, with frequent travel across Belux, and bi-monthly travels within Europe.
As Sr. Government/Public Affairs Manager you will be our voice to the key stakeholders and will work closely with the entire organization in the Belux. Due to Gilead’s unique operational structure, this role is highly visible and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the Belux business.
You will need to quickly develop an understanding of a range of complex public policy issues and work with internal and external partners to ensure that Gilead is able to effectively inform policy debate.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch, French and English language skills;
- Academic degree (Master a must; PhD a plus);
- Experience in the healthcare/pharmaceutical sectors; policy, public affairs and/or market access experience.
- Proven ability to understand and clearly communicate policy, scientific and economic topics to political and policy stakeholders
- Well-developed understanding of the Belgian healthcare and pharmaceutical policy environment. A good understanding of the Luxembourg health care system is a plus.
- Ability to manage relationships with a high number of internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to develop trust-based relationships with government officials, politicians, patient groups and other clinical Key Opinion Leaders
- Innovative approach and willingness to learn and adopt new ideas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation and influencing skills
- Team player, excellent communicator
- Resilient profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective
- Curious with learning agility
- Operationally excellent
- Organised with systematic approach to prioritisation
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective