GIZ seeks Advisor (m/f) Economic Analysis and Policy
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our operations in Tajikistan/Dushanbe, we are looking for a/an
Advisor (m/f) Economic Analysis and Policy
Field of activity
GIZ has been supporting economic and social development and reconstruction in Tajikistan since 1995. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), GIZ is implementing the programme ‚Towards Rural Inclusive Growth and Economic Resilience (TRIGGER)‘.
The programme’s goal is to improve the competitiveness and increase the income and economic performance of enterprises and small producers in order to contribute to sustainable economic development in the country. TRIGGER focusses on agricultural value chains to ensure private sector and market orientation.
The programme has three intervention areas:
- ‚Business Enabling Environment‘: promotes a business environment and regulatory framework that is in favour of enterprise development
- ‚Value Chain Development‘: supports small and medium enterprises including farmers to increase their production and processing capacity, increasingly work in cooperation with each other, and have improved upstream and downstream links
- ‚Business Development Services‘: supports commercial service providers to increase their economic performance by better addressing the needs of small and medium enterprises including farmers
Together, these intervention areas lead to changes that enable inclusive business models to be more competitive, which in return contribute to inclusive economic growth and consequently to increased employment and income for poverty reduction. The economic empowerment of women and girls is an integral element of the programme approach.
- Improve (macro-)economic forecasting capacities of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade;
- Improve sectoral analyses of the partner ministries and advice on sector policy development based on the analyses/evidence;
- Advice government partners on economic policy, especially in the areas of import substitution, export promotion, and agricultural value chain development;
- Provide economic analysis to TRIGGER (monitoring of risks and framework conditions);
- Facilitate dialogue and exchange between governmental, academic, and private sector actors about economic policy issues;
- Prepare international and local contracts for consultants and steer expert inputs.
- Academic degree in economics (Masters or PhD)
- At least five years of practical experience in economic analysis, modelling, and policy consulting
- Proven ability to link economic analysis with policy advice
- Knowledge of and experience with capacity development approaches for partners on an individual and institutional level
- Confidence and ability to work with politicians in a diplomatic but clear way
- Working experience in the post-Soviet area, especially in Central Asia/Tajikistan, is an asset
- Experience in working within international teams
- English and Russian are mandatory, German and Tajik are an asset
For further information please visit: http://j.mp/GIZ31743