GIZ seeks Advisor (m/f/d) Promotion of technology co-operations for growth-orientated MSMEs and start-ups
As a German federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our operations in Rabat/Morocco, we are looking for an
Advisor (m/f/d) Promotion of technology co-operations for growth-orientated MSMEs and start-ups
One of the main challenges in Morocco is the creation of employment. Therefore, the promotion of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSME) as well as high-growth companies, start-ups and the establishment of cluster structures has a high priority for the Moroccan government. The project aims to improve the range of services offered in clusters, that are still to be selected, to support growth-oriented companies and start-ups. A close national and international cooperation with universities and the business and financial sector should allow and improve access to technology and innovation.
- Advising and supporting the Ministry of Industry (MICIEN) as well as private and scientific actors (e.g., business associations, MSMEs, financial sector associations, scientific institutes / universities etc.)
- Support in the development of a range of service offered to accompany growth-oriented MSME and start-ups in selected industrial clusters
- Advancement (concept development, stakeholder consultation, network management) regarding various topics such as: financing maturity of growth-oriented founders or entrepreneurs, technology and innovation cooperation, cooperation formats (e.g. platforms, innovation days etc.)
- Development and introduction of new products and processes, new customer and / or markets or improved access to technologies such as digital applications and green technologies for companies
- Technology cooperation with German companies, universities and clusters
- Promoting exchanges and networking between different public and private actors such as universities, national and German as well as international organizations and the private sector
- Support of the person responsible for the project (head of project) in managing the component (e.g. strategic control, operational plan, budgeting, contract management, knowledge management)
- Content networking with the other fields of action of the project, programs and topics (e.g. gender) within the framework of the sector “sustainable economic development” in Morocco
- Degree in economics, finance or industrial engineering
- Several years of professional experience in a field with relevance to the job description, including several years in the context of development cooperation, preferably in sustainable economy promotion
- Private sector experience, especially in manufacturing or relevant sector organizations
- Knowledge and affinity in the field of start-up / founder scene, incubators, accelerator programs
- Knowledge and experience in project management
- Country and / or regional experience is desirable
- Very good communication, diplomatic and intercultural skills
- Fluent proficiency in French, German and English is required
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 12/02/2018.
Don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu during your application!