Global CCS Institute seeks Senior Advisor
The Global CCS Institute accelerates carbon capture and storage, a vital technology to tackle climate change and provide energy security. We advocate for Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) as a crucial component in a portfolio of technologies required to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. We drive the adoption of CCS as quickly and cost effectively as possible by sharing expertise, building capacity and providing advice and support to overcome challenges. Our diverse international Membership comprises governments, global corporations, small companies, research bodies and non–government organisations committed to CCS as an integral part of a low–carbon future.
Senior Adviser – Advocacy and Communications
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Adviser Advocacy and Communications to join our Brussels office, working full-time for fixed term of two years.
Reporting to the General Manager – EMEA, the Senior Adviser – Advocacy and Communications will be responsible for developing regional strategies and implementing global strategies to position CCS as a critical technology in addressing climate change and build a positive media profile of CCS, the Institute, and our Members.
Responsibilities will include
- Developing and implementing the Institute’s advocacy and communications program in the Europe, Middle East and Africa Region;
- Identifying opportunities to promote the Institute and CCS activities of our Member;
- Developing advocacy and communications campaigns, with a focus on expanding the reach of CCS messages to a wider audience;
- Cultivating effective relationships with Members, relevant media, PR consultants and agencies;
- Coaching and guiding others to enhance media and communications capability and persuasive writing skills;
- Contributing to the internal communications strategy.
Please visit our website to view the detailed position description.
You will have a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations or in a related discipline, extensive experience in a senior role in media relations, government affairs and/or issues management in an international context and knowledge of the energy and climate change landscape and CCS fundamentals. You enjoy delivering high impact communications activities and campaigns. You have excellent written and verbal English skills and may also be proficient in a European language and/or Arabic.
How to apply
To apply, please email your application to email@example.com.
Applicants must have a right to work in Belgium in order to be considered.