Goethe-Institut Cairo seeks Coordinator EU Affairs
Call for Applications
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany operating worldwide. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad, and support international cultural cooperation.
The Goethe-Institut Cairo is looking for a
Coordinator EU Affairs for Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan and Northern Iraq
on a contract basis (40 hours per week), starting 1 July 2018.
The contract will initially be limited to 1 year, and ends on 30 June 2019.
Terms of reference:
- Finalise proposal submission and prepare implementation of an EU-funded regional project in the field of cultural work and forced migration to be implemented in Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan and Northern Iraq:
- conduct contract negotiations with EU bodies and project partners in the four target countries and in Brussels;
- set up project structure and team;
- set up of project and financial management;
- design detailed communication concept;
- communicate with EU bodies and project partners;
- communicate with external project team;
- Advice to and general knowledge management for Goethe-Instituts in the MENA region and regarding proposal writing, conceptualisation, implementation and reporting for major EU-funded projects.
- University degree, preferably in the fields of social, political or economic sciences;
- Experience in proposal writing, budgeting and implementation of major EU- funded projects;
- Experience in setting up project structures and teams;
- Advanced project steering and management skills;
- Conceptual and strategic thinking, negotiating skills;
- Strong social and intercultural competencies;
- Excellent English language skills; advanced German skills preferred; knowledge of Arabic desirable;
- Excellent regional knowledge.
Contractor will be affiliated with our Regional Office of the Goethe-Institut in Cairo.
Please send your application, including a letter of motivation and references, no later than Wednesday, 23 May 2018, to Dr Elke Kaschl Mohni under the following e-mail address: email@example.com.