Goethe Institut seeks an assistant (m/f) for the project European Learning Platform for Regional Education Networks
The Goethe Institut Brussels is recruiting from 01.09.2017
An assistant (m/f) for the project European Learning Platform for Regional Education Networks
- Part time position (19 hours per week)
- 3 year contract
The Goethe-Institut is the Federal Republic of Germany’s cultural institute, active worldwide. We promote the study of German abroad and encourage international cultural exchange.
The project European Learning Platform for Regional Education Networks is intended to bring together education networks from different European regions to take part in European expert dialogues to develop solutions for the period between school and professional life and combat the high levels of youth unemployment in the transition. The aim is to exchange experiences and pool the knowledge and skills of the players involved within the framework of the developing Europe-wide learning platform.
The project is funded by the Mercator Foundation.
The remit of the position will include the following main activities:
- Preparation and processing of documents for project planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation
- Participation in the monitoring of project development and project results
- Participation in the preparation, implementation and post-processing of network and committee meetings
- Participation in financial planning and controlling
- Participation in public relations activities including web presence and social media
- Communication and cooperation with institutions and partners in Europe
- University diploma (or equivalent), preferably in the fields of anthropology, social, political or economic studies
- Project management experience
- Organisational skills, ability to work in a team, communication skills
- Enthusiasm for working with external partners and with the network
- Flexibility, ability to work independently on own initiative
- Experience of proofreading / editing and good knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media
- Familiarisation with the project planning software used by the Goethe-Institut
- Excellent knowledge of German and English; Italian and other foreign languages an advantage
Useful additional skills:
- Experience in the field of European education programmes
- Experience in communicating with EU institutions
We are offering an interesting and varied position with a corresponding salary based on the employment conditions currently applicable at the Goethe-Institut Brussels including a sample contract and based on the current remuneration scale. The Goethe-Institut is committed to equal opportunities and diversity on all levels.
Please send us a complete application, including the usual documents by 09.06.2017 at the latest to the administrative director of the Goethe Institute Brussels, Ms Annette Huerre.