Goethe Institute seeks a manager (m/f) for the European learning platform project for regional training networks
The Goethe Institute in Brussels is recruiting from 01.09.2017
A manager (m/f) for the European learning platform project for regional training networks
- Full time position: (38 hours per week)
- 3 year contract
The Goethe-Institute is the cultural institute for the Federal Republic of Germany which is active all over the world. We promote the German language abroad and are involved in international cultural cooperation.
The European learning project for regional training networks is intended to bring together training networks from different European regions to take part in European expert dialogues to develop solutions to combat the high levels of youth unemployment in the transition period between leaving college and entering the world of work. The aim is to exchange experiences and pool the knowledge and skills of the players involved within the framework of the developing Europe-wide learning platform.
The project will be promoted by the Mercator foundation.
The remit of the position will include the following main activities:
- Management of a project team with 2 employees in Brussels
- Development of a European network of regional training networks from European regions
- Coordination and organisation of multi-sector expert dialogues between the players involved on the subject of youth unemployment
- Cooperation with European institutions and partners in Italy, Germany and other European countries
- Advocacy activities for the political positioning of the project in Brussels and at European level
- Project planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation
- Monitoring of project development and project results
- Development, implementation and post-processing of network meetings, workshops, specialist conferences and other events
- Financial planning and controlling
- Public relations activities including Web presence and social media
- University diploma (or equivalent) and at least five years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent knowledge of education systems in Europe including professional training
- Knowledge of the working methods of the European institutions
- Project management skills and economic outlook
- Enthusiasm for working with external partners and with the network
- Practical experience in the development of networks and the moderation of groups
- Editorial skills and enthusiasm for writing texts and reports
- Ability to work in a team, flexibility, ability to work independently on own initiative
- Excellent knowledge of German and English; Italian and other foreign languages an advantage
Useful additional skills:
- Experience in the field of European education programmes
- Experience in communicating with EU institutions
We are offering an interesting and varied position with a corresponding salary based on the employment conditions currently applicable at the Goethe-Institute in Brussels including a sample contract and based on the current remuneration scale. The Goethe-Institut is committed to equal opportunities and diversity on all levels. Please send us a complete application including the usual documents by 09.06.2017 at the latest to the administration director of the Goethe Institute Brussels, Ms Annette Huerre.