Goodyear seeks Temporary Government Affairs EMEA Policy Officer
Government Affairs EMEA Policy Officer
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 65,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry.
About the role
The successful candidate will join the Government Affairs team at the Goodyear Headquarters for Europe, Middle East and Africa, in Brussels (Diegem).
The mission of Goodyear’s EMEA Government Affairs team is to support the business objectives in the region through pro-active regulatory actions.
- Analysis and advocacy position forming on relevant regulatory proposals;
- internal information and consultation with issue experts and various relevant functions;
- guidance and early warning to the EMEA business on dossiers under responsibility;
- coverage of relevant external meetings, such as conferences, interactions with trade associations and EU institutions.
You will be part of a small and dynamic team covering a wide range of regulatory topics. Your focus would be mainly on policies related to the environment (EU Waste Framework Directive, Plastics Strategy, Microplastics), energy (EU ETS), climate change and sustainability. Interaction with some related policies and trends, such as mobility, competitiveness and CSR, is likely.
This is a full-time position, from March or April (depending on your earliest availability) until end October 2018. This is a temporary role for a maternity cover.
Experience and skills
- An advanced University degree, preferably in Law, European Studies, Public Administration or Political Sciences;
- Excellent knowledge of the EU decision-making process;
- Minimum 3 years work experience;
- Strong communication and networking skills;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Independent worker but with a team spirit;
- Fluency in English.
Will be an advantage
- Knowledge of European environmental rules and their relation to product design and/or manufacturing;
- Experience with policies related to road transport, trade and competitiveness;
- Good knowledge of the automotive industry;
- Working knowledge of other official languages of the EU.
Application and selection process
Applicants should send their CV and a brief motivation letter to Lala Gaye at email@example.com by 9 February 2018.