Google seeks Public Policy and Government Relations Analyst (Northern Europe)
Public Policy and Government Relations Analyst (Northern Europe)
As a member of Google’s Public Policy team, you help shape various product and issue agendas with policy makers inside and outside government. In addition, you will help advise our internal teams on the public policy implications of their products, working with a closely coordinated and cross-functional global team. The role requires significant experience either working with or in government, politics or a regulatory agency as well as an ability to grasp complex technical and policy issues.
As a Public Policy and Government Relations Analyst for Northern Europe, you will work with a regional team to develop and execute public policy strategies and campaigns. You will also work with a cross-functional team in Europe, as well as with a closely-coordinated global Public Policy team to advance policy positions that benefit our users and, more generally, an open Internet.Technology moves quickly, so it’s important that we work closely with politicians, regulators, academics and third parties around the issues that affect the Internet and our users. We advocate for Google on the big public policy issues of the day and often play a part in high-profile debates. In this role, you’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage different campaigns and projects to tight deadlines. You’ll apply your expertise to real-world scenarios, acting as an inspiring advocate and enthusiastic team player eager to help shape the future of Internet and mobile policy.
- Work collaboratively as a member of regional and cross functional teams on the development and delivery of public policy programs and campaigns at the national and regional level.
- Support the team with research, writing, as well as the organization of resources and events.
- Engage governments and other stakeholders, particularly on issues of regional relevance.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to travel across the Nordics and Benelux countries.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and manage projects and relationships in multiple countries.
- Enthusiastic team player with enthusiasm, drive and determination, as well as a genuine interest in the Internet.
- Excellent personal, political, analytical and organizational skills.
- Self starter with a sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a fast moving and sometimes stressful environment.
- Great communicator–in person and in writing.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.