Google seeks Public Policy Manager (Multiple Languages)
Public Policy Manager (Multiple Languages)
As a member of Google’s Public Policy team, you help shape various product and issue agendas with policy makers inside and outside government. In addition, you will help advise our internal teams on the public policy implications of their products, working with a closely coordinated and cross-functional global team. The role requires significant experience either working with or in government, politics or a regulatory agency as well as an ability to grasp complex technical and policy issues.
As a member of Google’s Public Policy team, you will help shape various product and issue agendas with policy makers inside and outside government. In addition, you will help advise our internal teams on the public policy implications of their products, working with a closely coordinated and cross-functional global team.
Technology moves quickly, so it’s important that we work closely with politicians, regulators, academics and third parties around the issues that affect the Internet and our users. We advocate for Google on the big public policy issues of the day and often play a part in high-profile debates. In this role, you’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage different campaigns and projects to tight deadlines. You’ll apply your expertise to real-world scenarios, acting as an inspiring advocate and enthusiastic team player eager to help shape the future of Internet and mobile policy.
- Develop and lead public policy campaigns across the full range of policy areas that impact Google and the web.
- Engage directly with politicians and policy-makers/governments and other stakeholders on issues of relevance for Google.
- Work collaboratively as a member of regional and cross functional teams on the development and delivery of public policy programs and campaigns.
- Support the team with research, writing, as well as the organisation of resources and events.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in politics, a government position or the EU institutions.
- Broad policy experience within the tech sector or the key issues impacting the Web.
- Ability to speak and write in English and another European language fluently and idiomatically.
- International Policy experience.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and manage a variety of projects and relationships.
- Ability to thrive and exercise judgment in a fast moving environment. Ability to write well and translate complex issues into simple language that people who are not experts can understand.
- Team player who can work with people from a broad range of backgrounds and experience.
- Effective communicator with developed interpersonal and presentation skills.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.eu.