Policy Advisor (m/f/d) European Projects
HAI is seeking a professional, motivated and experienced self-starter, with a background in public health, to manage specific research and advocacy projects (see below), and develop HAI’s internal and external strategy for the European projects. You will have exceptional communications skills, coupled with several years’ experience in successful European Union (EU) advocacy. Your role will include planning research and advocacy strategies for your specific projects (both current and future), including scoping for future funding opportunities.
Policy Advisor (m/f/d) European Projects
- Monitor EU initiatives on pharmaceutical regulation, Health Technology Assessment (HTA), rational use of medicines and democratisation of medicines policy;
- Design and implement lobbying strategies towards the EU institutions;
- In collaboration with the HAI team, consolidate HAI’s European policy positions;
- Develop HAI policy papers, in consultation with HAI members as necessary;
- In collaboration with HAI’s communications team, maintain HAI’s external profile;
- Inform the HAI network, including members of the HAI Europe Association, about HAI’s EU policy work;
- Promote the engagement of HAI network members, including members of the HAI Europe Association, in HAI’s EU policy work;
- Contribute to research activities (in-house or in collaboration with external allies);
- Represent HAI at EU bilateral meetings, conferences and events; including public speaking engagements, where appropriate;
- Represent HAI at the European Medicines Agency’s Patient and Consumer Working Party and HTA Network Stakeholder Pool, and contribute to working groups;
- Help with the identification or creation of synergies with other European civil society organisations and contribute to capacity-building activities of civil society groups;
- In collaboration with the HAI team, contribute to European funding applications and maintain oversight of the European project funding process.
- Contribute to donor reports, working in collaboration with the HAI team, especially Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation;
- In collaboration with the HAI team, especially Finance, maintain oversight of the EU budget;
- Supervise the work of consultants and trainees as necessary;
- Provide advice to HAI administration and the HAI Europe Association Board, on HAI Europe Association membership.
- The Policy Advisor will work in close collaboration with the HAI team.
- The Policy Advisor will be line-managed by the Deputy Director.
- He/She will report to the Executive Director.
Personal attributes and other requirements
- A relevant graduate degree;
- Three years of relevant professional experience in EU advocacy;
- Excellent communication skills. Proven experience in strategic communications and with engaging with press and social media is an advantage;
- Native-level fluency in English, knowledge of other languages, particularly Dutch, is an advantage;
- Background in Public Health or knowledge of the social/political context of pharmaceuticals in the EU;
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills, strong sense of initiative, and reliability;
- Demonstrable ability to work independently;
- Skilled in general principles, such as being able to prioritise, be pragmatic and realistic, and politically sensitive;
- Hard-working, collaborative, passionate about making a difference, and committed to HAI’s values.
Conditions of employment
- The position is full-time (36 hours/week), starting on 1 September 2019 (with the possibility of an extension after six months).
- The salary will be based on Scale 9, Line 3 of the CAO Sociaal Werk, currently €2,999 gross/month based on a 36-hour work week.
- The duty station is Amsterdam.
- Regional, national and international travel may be required.
Email your letter of motivation and CV to Raquel De Jesús-Wind (email@example.com) by 30 June 2019. A shortlist of applicants will be contacted by email and undergo an interview. Please note that we can only consider applicants who are legally entitled to work in the European Union for this role.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!