Head of Communication and Membership Development (m/f/d)
The European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA), is looking for a Head of Communication and Membership Development to join its Brussels-based Secretariat. This is a newly established and exciting strategic position that offers the successful candidate a unique role in helping to build the industry’s profile and strengthen its voice with key stakeholders across Europe
EFAMA is the voice of the European investment management industry. Its membership consists of 28 national associations, 59 corporate members and 22 Associate members.
More information about EFAMA can be found at www.efama.org.
Head of Communication and Membership Development (m/f/d)
The holder of this new position will play a vital role in the further development of EFAMA as we engage on a journey to bring our Association and industry to the next level. The role presents a genuine opportunity to help shape the industry’s messaging and narrative, and to provide it with the strongest possible voice across all its stakeholder groups
He/she will be responsible for developing and executing EFAMA’s communications strategy and campaign plans, ensuring consistency of messaging across the organisation, and raising our visibility and enhancing our reputation both externally and internally.
In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and maximising opportunities to grow our membership.
The role will include working on a wide variety of projects as part of a dynamic 17-staff strong international team – while also working closely with heads of communications and other relevant representatives from our member organisations across Europe.
The role will include daily interactions with regulatory and research colleagues at EFAMA, engaging with members and potential members, and, manging our external PR and media agency.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5-10 years working as a senior communications professional. A background in financial services and/or membership organisations, while not essential, is a distinct advantage.
The role requires excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, an ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people, and a drive for quality and excellence. The successful candidate must be native-level English speaker, with other EU languages an advantage.
- Develop and execute EFAMA’s overall communications strategy, and campaigns that supports our advocacy objectives, and general profile building initiatives;
- Work closely with the Director General, the EFAMA senior team, and a select group of communications and corporate affairs specialists from within the membership – to help shape and position effectively the industry’s narrative and core messaging;
- Lead in the development of communications materials such as our quarterly newsletters and annual reviews; key industry messaging, press announcements, industry articles and by-lines, speeches, corporate presentations and all other appropriate communication tools – with the full support of our regulatory team and media and PR agency where required;
- Work closely with our media and PR agency to ensure that EFAMA is being positioned effectively and frequently across the European mainstream business and financial and industry media;
- Work closely with our media and PR agency to develop communications and thought leadership ideas, content, and media commentary opportunities – and in ensuring that EFAMA is reacting in a timely manner to the evolving regulatory and communications landscape;
- Develop of our annual programme of events; also ensuring our active presence at select high- level industry stakeholder events;
- Social media – manage media accounts such as LinkedIn and Twitter; monitor and analyse traffic and conduct trainings for staff as needed;
- Website – lead on the development of a new website and the drafting of website content;
- Audio-visual: lead on the production of infographics, video interviews, webinars and podcasts;
- Brand identity: ensure brand consistency and recognition;
- Contribute to other activities, outside of core portfolio, as necessary and appropriate.
- Develop and execute a strategy to grow membership and increase retention;
- Build and maintain a strong prospect database;
- Ongoing evaluation of membership benefits for Associate members including proposing changes, when necessary;
- Lead on the yearly membership expectation and satisfaction survey; suggesting appropriate follow-up actions;
- Lead in the creation and development of membership and marketing material.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant communications experience, preferably within a financial services environment and/or a European membership organisation;
- Experience of developing and implementing communications, and social media strategies;
- Native-level English speaker; other European languages are an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentational;
- Strong project management and organisational skills and ability to cope with tight deadlines and a complex workload;
- Track record of working closely with Board, C-Suite, and senior management;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Highly proactive, self-motivated, result-oriented, creative and enthusiastic;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade;
- Strong team player;
- Computer and social media literacy.
- An international working environment with a leading European trade association;
- Opportunities to grow, take initiatives and work with a young and ambitious team;
- Stimulating work focusing on issues of great economic and social significance;
- An attractive remuneration package (incl. several benefits) commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Hot to apply
You can apply by sending your CV and a cover letter to Miriam.Brunson@efama.org with Head of Communication and Membership Development in the subject line.
Your cover letter (max. two pages) should outline your suitability and motivation for the post. It should explicitly reference how your profile matches the different job requirements described above.
Deadline for applications: Monday 4 November 2019. The position is open until filled. Applications will be accepted until a qualified candidate is selected, at which time the recruitment will be closed.
Interviews will be held on our Brussels premises. Please note that a written test will be held as part of the selection procedure.
Please further note that only duly completed applications (CV + motivation letter) will be considered.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, EFAMA will only contact shortlisted candidates.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!