Head of Support Services (m/f/d)
WeForest is fast growing international non-profit association with headquarters in Belgium and projects in Brazil, Ethiopia, India, Tanzania, and Zambia. Our aim is to demonstrate, through the restoration of entire regions, that well-planned reforestation can be the solution to today’s biggest challenge: climate change. We promote Forest and Landscape Restoration best practices and have created a movement, engaging international brands and their millions of customers to act.
We are urgently looking for an experienced leader to head our Support Services and enable the organisation’s growth while mitigating risks. The position reports to the CEO, and oversees the Finance, HR, legal and IT functions. The team comprises an HR director, a Management controller, an Accountant, and we are considering opening a position of Process & Systems officer, as well as a legal advisor. The role works in close collaboration with all other departments (Global Programmes, New Projects, Partnerships & Communication, Sustainable Science).
To structure the organisation ensuring financial resilience and enabling operational excellence, through robust and effective Support Services.
Head of Support Services (m/f/d)
- Own and facilitate the strategic planning process for WeForest, including the 5-year strategy plan definition and annual objectives;
- Defines and implements the overall Support Services’ strategy;
- Provides support to the HR Director to define the HR strategy.
- Responsible for coaching and empowering his/her team re: their needs and performance;
- As part of the Management team, demonstrate exemplarity in work ethics and WeForest values.
Financial & Performance Management
- Responsible for the consolidation, follow up and overall management of key performance indicators;
- Accountable for the budget process & financial reporting;
- Develop the risk management & internal controls;
- Link with the external auditors and perform internal audits when required;
- Support Sales with pricing modelling for significant commercial offers.
Legal & Governance
- Support the CEO in strengthening the organisation’s governance;
- Ensure the legal compliance of WeForest Belgium and all its entities;
- Support teams with due diligence checks and contracting processes.
Processes & Systems
- Oversees a quality system for continuous improvement of processes;
- Ensure the adequacy and coherence of IT systems.
Required skills & qualifications
- Master’s degree in Management, Finance or Law;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years in a senior management role;
- Leadership: ability to support, inspire and coach;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, open and to collaborative teamwork;
- Ability to drive planning and reporting processes;
- Experience in operational excellence, and structuring an organisation;
- Proficient financial and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of Belgium’s legal and fiscal requirements is desirable;
- NGO experience is a plus;
- Strong ethics and integrity;
- Fluent spoken and written English & French, Dutch is a plus.
Terms & conditions
Position: Full-time employee, preferably based in Brussels (near central station), Belgium
Start date: As soon as possible
Package: Competitive package for a small NGO, with salary based on experience, hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers, and pension plan.
Please send applications to email@example.com with your CV, a motivation letter, including 2 recent references by October 28th 2019. Make sure to mention the job title in the subject of the email, and to indicate where you saw the job post. Due to the anticipated high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your interest.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!