Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung offers Internship Opportunities
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung’s primary objective is to support political education both within Germany and abroad, thus promoting democratic involvement, socio-political activism, and cross-cultural understanding. The Foundation also provides support for art and culture, science and research, and developmental co-operation. Its activities are guided by the fundamental political values of ecology, democracy, gender, solidarity, and non-violence.
The European Union (EU) Office represents the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung in relation to European and international institutions, associations, non-governmental organisations and media based in Brussels. The Brussels-based EU Office also serves as the Foundation’s (Western) European regional agency. The EU Office provides a forum for European dialogue between stakeholders from the EU institutions, European and international organisations, NGOs, think tanks, the media, the private sector, diplomatic corps and the academic world. Our activities include organising conferences and seminars, co-ordinating visitor programmes, leading EU-focused capacity building sessions, and preparing topical publications.
Internships at the Heinrich-Böll Stiftung are designed for people who are committed, politically interested, and endowed with a creative intellect, openness, and flexibility. We offer our interns the opportunity to test their academic knowledge within the context of political education.
We are looking for new interns for our different policy programmes & look forward to receiving your application.
You have a keen interest in green politics? You want to join a young and creative work environment? Then this could be your opportunity.
We are currently looking for new interns for our EU Policy Programme (starting from January 2018), our Climate & Energy Programme (starting from March 2018) and our Global Dialogue Programme (starting from April 2018).
The tasks include, among others
- Supporting the organisation of events, seminars, workshops
- Assisting with editing and updating of web pages
- Strategising about promoting publications and our newsletter
- Assisting with developing best practices in optimising all communication channels
- Drafting research studies and reports on EU funding possibilities and EU guidelines
- Participating at common events within the framework of European Network of Political Foundations (ENoP)
- Ad-hoc and administrative tasks
- Creativity and strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Affinity for details
- Have a good command of English and German, French is an asset
- The internship has to be a mandatory part of the intern’s studies
The position is 32 hours/ 4 days a week. We offer an allowance of 255,- Euro per month and an additional rent stipend of maximum 255,- Euro (for interns relocating to Brussels).
Please send your application (cover letter & CV) to Nora Weis, Office Manager at email@example.com. Please point out for which of the four programmes you would like to apply. We look forward to your application.