Henkel seeks Governmental Relations & Public Affairs Manager (m/f)
Governmental Relations & Public Affairs Manager (m/f)
Henkel operates worldwide with leading brands and technologies in three exciting business areas: Laundry & Home Care, Beauty Care and Adhesive Technologies. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It’s a passion. Have you got what it takes?
The Henkel EU Office is responsible for the structured and systematic outreach to all relevant stakeholders in the political and regulatory environment at EU level. We are hence offering to fill a position for a public affairs manager with the responsibility for targeted political communication and stakeholder management based in Brussels, Belgium.
The Public Affairs Manager is based in the Henkel EU Office and will report to the Head of the EU Office. The person will work in close coordination with the Global Head of Governmental Relations & Public Affairs and Business or Functional Units of Henkel to identify public affairs objectives, goals, strategies and measures to safeguarding and advancing the interests of Henkel’s business at European level.
What We Offer
- Setting up of regular and systematic interactions with Henkel’s Business and Functional Units and its leaders with a view to identify and understand their political and regulatory challenges as well as systematic political outreach, providing analytical advice, guidance and assistance with respect to policies, rules, regulations and government affairs
- Improvement of the information flow between Henkel’s Business and Functional Units and the public affairs domain regarding the regulatory pipeline and relevant political or regulatory issues including internal alignment of positions within Henkel if necessary
- Representation of Henkel’s Business and Functional Units in relevant trade associations at EU level with the key objective of setting and driving their agenda for the benefit of Henkel’s business’ interests
- Recommending, facilitating and preparing meetings, communications and negotiations between Henkel’s executives and the EU institutions, industry associations and if appropriate think-tanks and NGOs (including but not limited to the key decision-makers or influencers)
- Establishing, maintaining, managing and further developing various networks with the EU institutions and beyond (topical stakeholder relationship management) as well as developing and executing company relevant/tailor-made advocacy strategies and actions in order to shape the regulatory and political agenda and to make the most efficient use of external stakeholders
- Supporting the Head of EU Office and the Global Head of PAG in the development, coordination, management and execution of Henkel PAG-strategies and action plans with focus on, but not limited to EU relevant topics
Who We Are Looking For
- Emphatic communicator with a political and entrepreneurial mindset to enable the successful implementation of Henkel’s overreaching business objectives by shaping and influencing the political agenda at EU level and its respective stakeholders
- Minimum 3 years of previous relevant experience is required
- Experience in Communication, Public Affairs and/or in the political/regulatory environment would be a strong asset
- Strong analytical and argumentation skills as well as a capacity to reduce complexity of political and regulatory developments for business impact assessments
- Strict conformity with Henkel’s compliance rules, standards and guidelines as well as with all nationally and locally applicable laws and regulations is the founding principle for the successful execution of the job profile as outlined
- Excellent command of German and English language
- Availability for a certain degree of business travel, especially to our HQ in Düsseldorf