Hutchison seeks Senior EU Affairs Manager
Senior EU Affairs Manager
Hutchison Europe is looking to recruit a Senior EU Affairs Manager in its Brussels office. This is a high profile role within a large international group. It offers a diverse portfolio of topics to the successful candidate, including telecoms, transport, retail and energy.
CK Hutchison Holdings Limited (CKHH) is one of the largest companies listed on the Hong Kong stock exchange with a turnover over €30 billion. It employs 270,000 people in over 50 countries. Around 50% of its business is in Europe. CKHH has five core businesses: Ports and related services, Retail, Infrastructure, Energy and Telecommunications.
Hutchison Europe Brussels Branch represents the CKHH businesses in Brussels, liaising with the European institutions to monitor legislative and regulatory developments and influence debates to support business objectives. The office has a team of 4 people that supports all of CKHH’s divisions. It has a high profile within the CKHH group and reports directly to the Deputy Chairman, Hutchison Whampoa Europe.
- Monitoring legislative and regulatory developments, assessing their impact and advising the Director of European Regulatory Affairs and Senior Management;
- Developing and influencing internal positions and managing portfolios;
- Developing internal and external position papers, understanding and including the views of and input from CKHH operating companies;
- Running advocacy campaigns to achieve business objectives;
- Maintain and develop contacts with decision makers in the EU institutions.
The post-holder will support the work of the office by:
- Monitoring legislative and regulatory proposals that may impact the Hutchison Europe businesses and assessing their impact and advising the Director of European Regulatory Affairs;
- Monitoring and advising on the activities of the EU institutions;
- Running advocacy campaigns;
- Drafting briefing papers and responses to consultations;
- Maintaining contact with decision makers in the EU institutions;
- Liaising with colleagues in the Hutchison Europe businesses;
- Attending external meetings.
The post-holder must be able to work as part of a team and be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with the team, with colleagues in the Group and with external parties. S/he will be able to work across a wide range of policy areas and on different projects at the same time. Key attributes are:
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines;
- Ability to manage own work load and time effectively to meet deadlines;
- Attention to detail;
- Eager to assist and able to get on with a wide variety of people;
- Willing to take on additional tasks as needed;
- Fluent written and spoken English.
The successful applicant will have at least 10 years of experience in EU politics and/or public affairs, and knowledge of the regulatory environment of the telecommunications sector, as well as a good knowledge and understanding of the workings of the EU institutions and of the EU legislative processes.
Please apply by e-mail, sending a CV and covering letter by 6 November 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.