IBM seeks Government and Regulatory Affairs Assistant
Government and Regulatory Affairs Assistant
IBM has a long-standing positive global reputation and operates in over 170 countries — the GRA (Governmental Regulatory Affairs) function is instrumental in collaborating with the corporate and business functions to advance important public policy and legislative initiatives that support IBM’s business model and corporate and social programs.As a Govenment and Regulatory Affairs Executive you will join a dynamic team.
- Draft briefings, reports, updates and create compelling advocacy materials.
- Provide general support to the team (organise meetings and events, assist in running a busy EU policy office and coordinate communications with a diverse European team, etc.).
- Provide policy support on key issues (e.g. Digital Single Market, Privacy, Trade, Cybersecurity, IoT, etc.).
You should: be able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment; be able to handle changing priorities and short deadlines; be able to work well with large, extended teams including colleagues in other countries; be well organized, pay great attention to detail and be very systematic and thorough.Are you passionate about the IT and technology sectors and how these sectors contribute to overall economic growth and prosperity?Do work that matters. Join IBM.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 1 to 3 year work experience in EU affairs.
- Good understanding of, and interest in, the functioning of the EU and EU institutions.
- Excellent written and oral English.
- Good knowledge of Dutch or French
- Excellent organizational skills and practical, can-do attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to undertake research on policy issues and prepare high quality external reports and presentations.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Work experience in an EU institution.
- Knowledge of national languages a definite plus
- Interest in digital technology and tech policy in general.
- Team player with a proactive and dynamic personality.