Insurance Europe seeks Policy Advisor International Affairs and Reinsurance
Insurance Europe is the European insurance and reinsurance federation. Through its 35 member bodies — the national insurance associations — Insurance Europe represents all types of insurance and reinsurance undertakings, eg pan-European companies, monoliners, mutuals and SMEs. Insurance Europe, which is based in Brussels, represents undertakings that account for around 95% of total European premium income. Insurance makes a major contribution to Europe’s economic growth and development. European insurers generate premium income of €1 200bn, directly employ over 940 000 people and invest over €10 100bn in the economy.
For our economics and finance department, we are looking for a (m/f)
Policy advisor international affairs and reinsurance
In this role, you will be supporting the international affairs and reinsurance team on trade and market access issues, as well as on regulatory developments such as European and international standards relevant for (re)insurers. Experience in financial services and/or trade matters will therefore be very valuable. You will be responsible for preparing meetings and coordinating discussions of a range of working groups, and will also contribute to developing advocacy papers that will support the organisation’s public affairs and policy objectives. You will do so by developing and leveraging key relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You will assure coordination of and work closely with dedicated industry bodies, such as the Reinsurance Advisory Board, and will engage with external stakeholders, both European and international (e.g. the European Commission, OECD, etc). Furthermore, you will participate in seminars and conferences where you will actively promote the policy messages of the organization.
- Identifies, monitors and analyses EU/international/third country initiatives relevant for the European insurance covering a variety of insurance business lines with a focus on trade and reinsurance-related topics;
- Synthesises Insurance Europe’s member feedback, develops common positions reflecting the European industry views and conveys these views to EU/international institutions and stakeholders;
- Supports and reports to Insurance Europe taskforces and committees, and coordinates with other relevant departments;
- Provides services to members, e.g. is a point of contact for the members, formulates policy proposals in consultation with relevant experts, informs about legislative developments and the sector’s position;
- Provides content to publications. Participates in seminars and conferences and actively promotes the policy messages of the federation;
- Coordinates closely and reports directly to the head of prudential regulation and international affairs.
- University degree in law and/or economics with a minimum of three to five years of experience;
- Highly developed team spirit;
- Excellent inter-personal skills;
- Very good analytical skills and proven ability to synthesise feedback;
- Good organisation skills and capacity to identify key issues;
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Experience in building defendable consensus views amongst stakeholders;
- Experience within an international and multi-cultural environment is advantageous.
We offer you a challenging position in an international and professional organisation, with Brussels as operating base. Permanent position, full-time. Competitive salary package, with excellent benefits.
Please address application letters and curriculum vitae to Insurance Europe, Rue Montoyer 51, 1000 Brussels for the attention of Koen Ameye (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu during your application!