IKEA seeks EU Affairs Advisor
EU Affairs Advisor
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe in discovering and developing the talent in each of us. We offer positions that challenge your skills and inspire you to grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
About the assignment
In this role you will play an important role by contributing to the EU Affairs agenda for IKEA Group. The EU Affairs team is responsible for supporting and implementing strategies, influencing EU policy and regulations as well as positively impacting the IKEA business environment in the EU – in line with IKEA values. Key assignments in this role will be to:
- Contribute to the positioning of the IKEA brand, through development and implementation of relevant campaigns.
- Propose and execute advocacy strategies, including setting up meetings, writing positions, making presentations and building alliances.
- Provide input for and support strategy & planning discussions to ensure business strategy and direction is aligned with EU agenda – connecting closely with appropriate Communication Business Partners and other relevant people in the business.
- Support monitoring of relevant regulatory and non-regulatory developments in the EU, feeding back learnings into the EU Affairs team and wider business.
- Help to create a positive policy and regulatory environment for a growing, sustainable and people-oriented IKEA Group business.
- Represent IKEA Group in appropriate external and internal forums in the EU, so that key stakeholders and influencers know what we stand for.
- Build and maintain long term relationships with the European Institutions and other EU based stakeholders.
- Work across functions within IKEA Group and in good collaboration with other IKEA businesses
We are looking for two new colleagues that are passionate about communication and have a natural flair for influencing and maintaining external relations and networks. We believe that you have a lot of energy and that you feel comfortable in a business, political, policy and/or NGO environment. We see that you have at least 2-5 years of experience with Public Affairs, EU Affairs, stakeholder engagement and/or strategic communications, preferably with a network within the parliament/EU commission or similar. Furthermore, we are looking for those who have:
- Experience working inside any of the European Institutions and/or an organisation advocating EU processes
- Deep understanding of EU institutions and regulatory and non-regulatory processes, including how to influence the policy agenda.
- Up-to-date knowledge of EU policy trends and developments relevant to IKEA Group (i.e. retail, digitalisation, consumer affairs, corporate responsibility, sustainability)
- Knowledge of how to implement advocacy, communication and stakeholder engagement by defining, planning, executing and follow-up to relevant stakeholders (for example governments, policy makers, NGOs and UN organisations).
- Fluent and strong communication skills in English (oral and written).
And just as important, you are someone who would share and naturally reflect the IKEA Values. You constantly seek better ways to inspire and clarify a vision and you get energized by the diversity in multinational environment.
About IKEA Group Communications
We strongly position IKEA as a truly meaningful & trusted brand in people’s hearts & minds, with a focus on us as a retailer and our positive societal impact. At the same time, we enable IKEA Group to be perceived as a unique, meaningful and trusted company. We do this by taking a strategic approach to reactive, proactive and activist communication.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life a home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us. The position reports to the IKEA Group, EU Affairs Manager and is located in Brussels, Belgium.
If you have any questions about the actual recruitment process, please contact Recruitment Specialist, Simon Gabrielsen at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have job specific questions, please contact Monica Mireles at email@example.com
Please send us your application as soon as possible, latest July 15th.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.eu.