Int. Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL) seeks Innovation Project Manager for EU funded projects
Employer: Int. Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)
Location: Braga, Portugal
Area of Expertise: Project Manager
Career Stage: 5 years post qualification experience (PQE)
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: May 16th 2018, 23:00 Lisbon time
Salary: Competitive package and benefits
INL is seeking a qualified
Innovation Project Manager
with solid experience for preparing bid applications for European Commission (EC) funding programmes for RTD projects. The successful candidate should have sound knowledge of European funding sources and will engage with partner organisations and funding bodies to maximise external funding opportunities.
The Innovation Project Manager’s key activities include building networks, fostering communication and initiating collaborations between INL and international level R&D communities. Also, the promotion and support the participation of INL in privately and publicly funded projects (national and European RDI programmes).
Job Requirements & Key Responsibilities
As an Innovation Project Manager focused on European funded initiatives will undertake the following main activities and responsibilities as regards project proposal writing:
- Provide support to researchers in funding acquisition within EU funded RTD projects;
- Identify calls for proposals within INL’s strategic RTD areas, within H2020 and other RTD programmes and promote these internally to researchers;
- Support the building of the optimal consortium of partners;
- Structure and develop the project proposal;
- Develop project innovation strategies and work plans for project proposals;
- Refine the scientific and technical content;
- Write the non-technical parts;
- Describe the potential impact and exploitation of the results.
Apart from project proposal writing the selected candidate will also:
- Participate in EU level working groups and platforms;
- Represent INL’s strategic interests at various (networking) events;
- Engage with the main actors on the European landscape in the process of EU project proposal development;
- Manage and foster relationships with INL’s partners (companies and RTD centres);
- Oversee the development of a project website and associated promotional tools and promotional activities;
- Management of an international consortium of project partners and the organisation of meetings and events for the project.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- University degree in a Science or Engineering field is required and preferably a PhD diploma;
- Proven track record (over 5 years’ of experience) in writing and submitting proposals to European Framework funding programmes;
- Sound knowledge of EU (and other) funding programmes and opportunities;
- Experience in project management / implementation;
- Existence of network and connections in the private sector;
- Commercial skills required to recruit industrial and scientific partners;
- Process orientated with excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to work on their own initiative;
- Availability to travel for partner meetings and events abroad.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal skills and clearly demonstrated communication skills (written and oral);
- “Hands-on” approach together with a high commitment in respecting working deadlines;
- Highly organised and dynamic;
- Good negotiating skills;
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure;
- High level of personal discipline and integrity.
- English is the working language of INL. Upper advance level in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of another language is an advantage.
What we offer
- Employment contract and competitive compensation package;
- Employees will also benefit of the various social facilities available at INL;
- International and highly competitive environment in contact with leading edge technology.
How to Apply
International candidates are welcome to apply. Only applications in English will be accepted. The application is made online.
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae and University certificates. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If your application is successful and you accept our offer of employment, you will receive the employment agreement and all other relevant documents. If you are relocating, you will be given assistance by the HR Office.
If Your Application is Not Successful
We highly value the interest shown from applicants wishing to become a part of the INL experience. It is important for us to maintain good communications with candidates. No matter the outcome of the application, we always send the applicant an answer.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Principle
INL is an equal opportunity organisation, committed to providing equal career opportunities and firmly adheres to a principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issues.
Enquires should be made to: email@example.com.
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice in order to improve the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.