International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions seeks Public Affairs Director
Public Affairs Director
To coordinate the external government relations function and manage the office operations of the Brussels office of the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions EMEA.
- Provide analysis, strategic recommendations on national and regional policy trends which could impact the industry.
- Coordinate written materials such as government relations bulletins, policy papers, press releases related to GR, presentations for the members on government relations, etc.
- Design concepts and develop strategic plans to protect and promote the industry’s image with external stakeholders.
- Link external regulatory developments to the amusement park industry helping members to understand the impact on their business and operations.
- Coordinate / contact members on input from members to contribute to government run consultations on issues that impact the industry
- Represent the industry in relevant industry groups and forums.
- Being spokesperson on GR issues.
- Build relationships of trust with members
- Develop and manage the work programme of IAAPA Europe’s Government Relations Committee
- Develop an annual programme of profile raising events and visits to educate the membership about the value of Government Relations activities.
- Maintain a network of government relations contacts within the industry.
- Execute an annual programme of park visits to stay in touch with member needs and issues related to government relations.
- Form good working relationships with all national associations and trade bodies throughout the EMEA region.
- Plans, formulates, and recommends for the approval of the VP of IAAPA EMEA and the IAAPA EMEA Advisory Committee policies and programmes to meet the goals, objectives, and strategies in Europe.
- Develops policies and procedures for the day-to-day administration of IAAPA’s EMEA office operations.
- Develops budget for IAAPA Europe office operations and manages finances together with IAAPA EMEA VP.
- Implements goals, objectives, and strategies in Europe
- Directs all IAAPA member services, marketing, communication, recruitment, and retention initiatives.
- Oversees the management of the CRM and iMis member databases.
- Represent the association at industry related meetings, conferences, exhibitions, and social events.
- Manages the activities of the Europe office in accordance with IAAPA standards and policies.
- Supports the goals and mission of IAAPA as set forth in the strategic and business plans.
Qualifications and Training
- University degree or equivalent
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience in the amusement park industry, European Affairs or both
- Excellent written and spoken English and fluency in at least one other European Language
- Proficient knowledge of IT applications
- Knowledge / Experience of EU policy and structure
- Experience in leading teams of up to 10 people
- Self-starter with the required motivation and work ethics to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Entrepreneurial spirit to further develop association and its products
- Able to work flexibly as part of a small Brussels based team and be prepared to travel extensively throughout the European region
- Confident and skilled communicator, who is able to simplify complex concepts or regulatory issues for a non-expert audience
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in the amusement park and attractions industry
- Ability to work with press and speaking on front of large audiences
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.eu.