International Association of Oil & Gas Producers offers Communications and Public Affairs Internship
Communications and Public Affairs Internship
Duration: 1 year
Starting date: end of September
Experience: 6 months – 1 year
The International Association of Oil & Gas Producers (IOGP) is looking for an intern to support its European Affairs and Communications team based in Brussels. The selected candidate will be fully embedded with the team and will have the opportunity to gather experience in planning and executing multi-channel communications activities.
- Supporting the communications/advocacy activities of IOGP and its partners
- Preparing engaging content for social media channels
- Helping draft internal and external messaging documents
- Coordinating communications activities with the London-based team
- Attending external events and reporting back to team members
- Spotting speaking opportunities for IOGP and its members
- Occasional administrative support (minutes of meetings, etc.)
- Assisting in the organization of events for IOGP and its partners
- Previous work experience in an EU public affairs consultancy or a trade association is a strong plus
- Ability to turn complex, sometimes technical information into concise, simple messaging
- Keen interest for production of simple visual material for social media using tools such as Canva, etc.
- Experience using social media for campaigning purposes
- Experience in event organization
- Interest for the oil & gas industry and global developments
- Awareness of ongoing EU energy & climate policy discussions
- Ability to find and extract information under short deadlines
- Calm and resilient under occasionally stressful situations
- Autonomous, proactively offers help and fresh ideas to more senior team members
What we offer
- Challenging experience in EU-oriented communications and advocacy work
- Exposure to a broad range of energy issues
- Room for initiative
- Paid internship
We strongly encourage candidates to send us examples of work they have produced in previous experiences.
Please send your CV + cover letter to:
Maria Karametou (firstname.lastname@example.org) with „Communications and Public Affairs Internship“ in the subject line.