International Crisis Group offers Internship
The International Crisis Group is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organisation committed to preventing and resolving deadly conflict.
Crisis Group is seeking a
Human Resources Intern (m/f)
to volunteer full-time in the HR unit at our Brussels headquarters for a suggested period of six months, starting January 2016. This position offers a unique opportunity for growth for individuals thinking about a career in Human Resources or non-profits/NGOs.
Under the overall supervision of the HR Officer, the intern will provide general support for the day-to-day operational activities of the HR unit and assist with Crisis Group’s global internship program.
- Post internship and employment opportunities on internal and external sites;
- Assist with the recruitment and screening of interns across the organisation;
- Act as the main point of contact for interns in all locations, including onboarding, contract extensions and questions, and general support;
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of personnel files to meet compliance, documentation, filing and audit requirements;
- Coordinate and oversee Intern briefings;
- Other duties, responsibilities and projects as assigned by the HR team.
- In pursuit of, or recently completed, a University degree, preferably in a related field;
- Fluency in English required, other languages are considered a plus;
- Computer skills: MS Office, email and internet; HR information systems a plus;
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion;
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization, and work independently and as part of a team;
- Authorisation and proper documentation to complete an internship in Belgium.
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter to the intern vacancies email. Clearly state which internship you are applying for by using the subject title, “Human Resources Intern,” and the date/period you would be available.
If you have a mandatory internship in your university program and you are obliged to focus on a specific project as part of a thesis or graduation project, please indicate that in your application. Please send your application by January 3rd 2016.
Due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual candidate.
Please note that our internships are unpaid, though a small stipend for lunch and transport is provided.