International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL) seeks Proposal Writer & Project Manager for EU funded projects
Employer: International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)
Location: Braga, Portugal
Area of Expertise: Project Manager
Career Stage: 5 years post qualification experience (PQE)
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: February 20th 2017, 23:00 Lisbon time
Salary: Competitive package and benefits
The International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory – INL (http://www.inl.int), was founded under an international legal framework to perform interdisciplinary research and to deploy and articulate nanotechnology for the benefit of society. INL aims to become the world-wide hub for nanotechnology addressing society’s grand challenges with specific emphasis on Aging & Wellbeing, Mobility & Urban Living and a Safe & Secure Society.
The work undertaken by our research centre has a significant impact on people’s lives and societal benefit. The objective is to ensure that staff is employed on the basis of skills and requirements for the job and that there is a mutually beneficial relationship between INL’s expectations and the staff personal and professional career development. INL recruits from all over the world. We find the diversity and multiculturalism of our teams as well as family friendly working practices and benefits to be a great asset and an essential element in cultivating an attractive and inspiring workplace.
INL is seeking a qualified project manager with solid experience on planning and preparing proposal applications for the European Commission’s (EC) RTD & innovation funding programmes. The successful candidate should have sound knowledge of European funding sources and will engage with partner organisations and funding bodies to maximise external funding opportunities.
Job Requirements and Key Responsibilities
As a Project Manager focused on European funded initiatives the candidate will work with INL’s researchers to advise on EC research funding opportunities and provide support on the preparation and submission of grant applications. The selected candidate will also support the management of awarded projects and will play an active role in a range of initiatives and improvement processes jointly with INL´s team.
Main activities and responsibilities as regards project proposal writing:
- Provide support to researchers in funding acquisition within EU funded RTD projects;
- Identify calls for proposals within INL’s strategic RTD areas, within H2020 and other RTD programmes and promote these internally toresearchers;
- Support the building of the optimal consortium of partners;
- Structure the project proposal;
- Refine the scientific and technical content;
- Write the non-technical parts;
- Describe the potential impact and exploitation of the results.
Apart from project proposal writing the selected candidate will also:
- Participate in EU level working groups and platforms;
- Represent INL’s strategic interests at various (networking) events;
- Engage with the main actors on the European landscape in the process of EU project proposal development;
- Manage and foster relationships with INL’s partners (companies and RTD centres).
Desired Skills and Experience
- University degree in a Science or Engineering field is required;
- A PhD diploma will be highly valued;
- Proven track record (over 5 years’ experience) in writing and submitting proposals to European Framework funding programmes;
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure;
- Ability to recruit industrial and scientific partners, therefore excellent commercial skills are required;
- Process orientated with excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to work on their own initiative.
Creative thinking, willing to work in a team, communication and organizational skills.
English is the working language of INL. Therefore, excellent communication skills in English are required.
What we offer
- Employment contract and competitive compensation package.
- Employees will also benefit of the various social facilities available at INL.
- International and highly competitive environment in contact with leading edge technology.
How to Apply
International candidates are welcome to apply. Only applications in English will be accepted. The application is made online.
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter and a full curriculum vitae. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If your application is successful and you accept our offer of employment you will receive the employment agreement and all other relevant documents. If you are relocating, you will be given assistance by the HR Office.
If Your Application is Not Successful
We highly value the interest shown from applicants wishing to become a part of the INL experience. It is important for us to maintain good communications with candidates. No matter the outcome of the application, we always send the applicant an answer.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Principle
INL is an equal opportunity organisation, committed to providing equal career opportunities and firmly adheres to a principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issues.
Enquires should be made to: email@example.com
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice in order to improve the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.