International Platform of Insects for Food & Feed seeks Trainee in EU Public Affairs (m/f)
Trainee in EU Public Affairs (m/f)
The Secretariat of IPIFF which is the EU umbrella organisation for the insect production sector for food and/or feed is recruiting a Trainee in EU Public Affairs (m/f).
Do you have background/experience in agronomy, food, animal science or other related field? Are you keen on gaining valuable experience in the area of public affairs and work for an innovative & dynamic sector at European level?
The International Platform of Insects for Food & Feed (IPIFF) is looking for a highly motivated Trainee to reinforce its Secretariat in Brussels.
IPIFF is a non-governmental organisation set up to represent the insect production sector at EU level. Its membership includes 42 members, representing insect producing companies and research centres specialized in insect production for food and/or feed applications. IPIFF ‘s mission is to promote the use of insects & insect derived products as top tier source of nutrients for human consumption & animal feed.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of IPIFF policy projects in the areas of EU food & feed safety and/or environmental legislation (e.g. development and implementation of Guide of Good Hygiene Practices for the insect sector, use of insect frass as organic fertilizers).
- In collaboration with the IPIFF Secretary General, coordinate the activities of Working Groups or Task Forces that are dedicated to the above subjects.
- Assist in the production of position papers, fact sheets and/or other relevant communication tools.
- Monitor European Policy or Research developments, including through attendance to external events, that are relevant for the association.
- Execute other tasks in support of the day to day management of the Secretariat (support the preparation of meetings, reporting activities).
Education & skills
- University degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree) in food science and/or quality management, agronomy, veterinary/entomology fields or related disciplines.
- A native English speaker or equivalent level, both written and spoken. Fluency in other European Union languages is an advantage.
- Demonstrated high competency as a writer in English.
- Basic knowledge of EU legislation applicable to insects for food and/or feed is a strong asset.
- Ability to learn and develop within a fast-paced working environment.
- High degree of attention to detail and commitment to quality.
What we offer
- A 6 months’ traineeship starting on 23 July 2018.
- A stipend of 1.000 €/month gross will be allocated for the duration of the traineeship.
Please send your application (CV + motivation letter in English) to Mr Christophe Derrien by e-mail Christophe.email@example.com by 20 June 2018.
Interviews will be organized on 22 June. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.