International Union of Property Owners seeks Junior European Affairs Officer
Junior European Affairs Officer
The International Union of Property Owners (UIPI) is looking for a Junior European Affairs Officer starting date to be agreed upon.
UIPI is a leading representative body for homeowners and private landlords in Europe. With 28 member organisations, UIPI represents more than 5 million property owners across Europe. Based in Brussels, the UIPI’s main task is to ensure that property owners’ interests are represented and defended vis-à-vis European institutions. UIPI is active in those areas of EU legislation and policy that have an impact on real estate, the building and private-rented sectors.
- A graduate in law, political sciences or European studies;
- First experience in EU Public Affairs or within an EU Institution;
- Very good understanding of the EU decision-making process and politics;
- Proficient in written and spoken English. Additional EU languages is an asset (in particular German, Italian or Spanish);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Familiarity with communication software and social media is an advantage;
- Pro-active, organisational talent, fast learner and eager to learn how to run an EU association;
- EU national or have a valid Belgian work permit.
Reporting to the UIPI Director of European Affairs, the European Affairs Officer appointed will:
- Monitor EU policy developments and draft position papers;
- Prepare reports and analyses on priority issues;
- Advocate the interests of property owners towards EU Institutions and other stakeholders;
- Assist in developing relevant contacts and good working relationships with key players;
- Conduct research and work on EU funded projects to which UIPI is a partner;
- Actively contribute to internal and external communication activities (social media, website, newsletters) and provide organisational support.
- A stimulating position in public affairs and the possibility to work on a wide range of policies;
- The opportunity to travel in Europe and work in a multicultural environment;
- A full-time contract package that should evolve into a permanent contract.
Deadline for application: 3 June 2018
If you are interested, please send your cover letter and CV to: Ms Emmanuelle Causse, Director of European Affairs, at email@example.com.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.