Japan Tobacco Inc. seeks „EU Communications Manager“
„EU Communications Manager“
JTI is the international tobacco business of Japan Tobacco, one of the world’s largest industry players. With 90 of the world’s best-known cigarette brands including Winston, Camel, Mild Seven, LD, Sobranie and Glamour, we have a global market share of 11%. Formed in 1999, we are a young, forward-looking business built on a rich heritage dating back to the 18th century.
To manage the Internal and External Communications of the JTI EU Affairs Office (EUAO) by: delivering an annual communications plan; delivering communication platforms for EUAO programmes (e.g. media lines, press releases, presentations, brochures, infographics and online content); ensuring the complete alignment of all corporate communications and branding guidelines; building a network of media relations contacts in Brussels and across Europe; representing the company at a media relations level (broadcast, print press, online and social) within Brussels; managing the department’s external communications output, such as public platforms and events; and, supporting the development of key stakeholder relations.
The incumbent will work closely with the EUAO team and relevant JTI functions within HQ, the European Regions and Markets in order to deliver on these objectives. The position will report directly to the EU Affairs Director.
- To manage and deliver an annual EUAO communications action plan based on company key issues, including: a media contacts outreach program; key issue communications milestones; public platform events, seminars and conferences; and, an internal communications review.
- To build and manage a media relations contacts database at Brussels and EU Correspondent level; to deliver an A-Z of key issue media messages; to represent the EUAO at broadcast, radio, print-press and social media level, with support of HQ Media Relations and Market Corporate Affairs & Communications (CA&C) experts.
- To deliver a series of Public Platform events for the EUAO either as stand-alone or in partnership with third parties, based on key issues.
- To support the development of a network of key external stakeholders at EU level, including: the EU Institutions; Tobacco Trade Associations; Tobacco Value Chain organizations such as retailers, packaging companies, and tobacco growers; Business Federations and Groups; FMCG companies operating in food and drink; and, Think Tanks.
- To manage all EUAO internal communications deliverables as appropriate, including: conferences, presentations, online and print materials, in-house branding, inside magazine, intranet and jti.com.
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree, preferably in communications and/or public affairs.
- 3-5 years’ work experience, preferably in a communications or government relations role. Political, Corporate, Agency or NGO background welcomed.
Skills, Competencies & Languages
- Mandatory fluency in English and French. Other EU languages welcomed.
- Mandatory knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Publishing skills / experience welcomed.
Job Reference: BE000100
Contact email: email@example.com