Project Assistant (m/w/d)
Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS), a political foundation of the Federal Republic of Germany contributes actively and effectively to international cooperation and understanding through its programmes and projects.
The foundation’s Multinational Development Policy Dialogue programme which is based in Brussels serves as an instrument to participate in and to shape the European Union’s external assistance and development policy. Particularly, the experiences in international cooperation from its offices worldwide provide a valuable contribution to the development strategies and concepts of the European Union. Dialogue activities of different formats (workshops, conferences, dialogue programmes, study tours) taking place in Brussels and involving international, European and local experts/ partners are an essential instrument of the Multinational Development Policy Dialogue.
To re-enforce its team, the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Multinational Development Policy Dialogue in Brussels seeks to engage a Project Assistant for the starting date: 01.02.2020.
Project Assistant (m/w/d)
Job Profile: Full time position Project Assistant (38 hours per week)
Responsible to: MNED Programme Director
To provide support function in administration to the MDPD project activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project planning in accordance with the activities checklist: coordination of workshops and conferences together with the Programme Managers
- Travel & logistic arrangements: negotiating hotel contracts for rooms, conference venues, catering and audiovisual requirements, booking flights, visas and travel insurance, in accordance with German Travel & Subsistence Legislation
- On-site venue set-up and preparation in accordance with KAS minimum standards
- Stand-in as KAS representative to manage groups, as and when required
- Preparing participant lists
- Coordination of projects with special funding and payment conditions in accordance with the Finance Manager
- Completing the necessary Excel templates for awarding records for expenditure requests including any justifications, motivations or notes
- Preparing and submitting invoices and/or receipts correctly to the Financial Manager
- Preparing cooperation agreements, expert or consultant fee contracts including all required supporting documents
- Preparing and monitoring budget plans for activities
- Dealing with confidential information and ensuring data integrity
- Creating, maintaining and filing records according to the KAS internal administrative and documentation standards, both paper and electronic
- Updating the contact database
- Back-up to the Programme Managers during their absence
- General office administration functions in relation to activities including adhoc requests from the Programme Director
Successful candidate should fulfil the following profile:
- Proven experience (min. 5 years) in a similar role
- Proficient in MS Office
- In depth knowledge of office management
- Familiarity with basic research methods and reporting techniques
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Tact, discretion and diplomacy
- Attention to detail
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Works well under pressure and a team-player
- Degree in business administration or relative field advantageous
- Excellent written and oral language skills in German and English. French is advantageous
- Reliability, accuracy and flexibility in carrying out the tasks entrusted to her/him
What we offer:
We offer a competitive remuneration under Belgium Labour Law and a pleasant working environment in a highly motivated team. We make learning and development an integral part of your work through challenging assignments, coaching, mentoring, and providing in-house and external learning opportunities.
If you are interested in the objectives and work of the Multinational Development Policy Dialogue and if your skills match our applicant’s profile, we look forward to receiving your written application by no later than 03.12.2019. Please, send your CV and cover letter via email to:
Attn. Mr. Denis Schrey Programme Director Multinational Development Policy Dialogue Brussels Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!