Kellogg’s seeks Senior Manager, Public Affairs (Europe)
Senior Manager, Public Affairs (Europe)
Within our Brussels office, we are currently looking for a Senior Manager Public Affairs Europe. You’ll develop, coordinate and execute appropriate public affairs and advocacy strategy, particularly in the areas of on food, nutrition, health and marketing to kids. You’ll be doing this to protect and advance the interest of the Company in collaboration with the Director Public Affairs Europe.
This position requires effective collaboration/partnering with the European Corporate Affairs Team (central and clusters), various Company functions and departments (Regulatory, Nutrition, R&D, Legal, Marketing) and Global Corporate Affairs.
The position will be based in our Brussels office.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You can expect the following in your role:
- Develop and implement Public Affairs and regulatory strategies in close collaboration with the European Corporate Affairs team and Director Public Affairs Europe;
- Develop and implement issue management and advocacy strategies;
- Monitor, assess and prioritize legislative and regulatory developments which impact the Company, and provide senior management with business intelligence and recommendations;
- Influencing of public policy and nurturing strong relationships with European institutions, NGOs and other major stakeholders including WHO, Codex, etc;
- Actively participating in Brussels-based trade associations of which the company is a member;
- Creating and protecting corporate reputation for the Company and its brands with relevant governments, NGOs and industry associations;
- Ensuring consistent positioning of Kellogg on key business issues.
You will report to the Director of European Public Affairs, based in Brussels.
Functionally, you will collaborate with the Senior Director Corporate Affairs Europe (based in Manchester), European Corporate Affairs Teams (central and clusters) and Global Corporate Affairs Team.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
As well as the hunger to learn and the passion to make a difference, you will:
- Have a Master’s degree in political science, law, public health
- Have minimum 7-8 years of experience in public affairs, issue management and stakeholder relations gained in FMCG industry with a focus on food, nutrition, health and marketing to kids;
- Be an experienced, proactive professional with proven track record of representing corporate interests vis-a-vis governments and regulatory authorities (gained in a corporate public affairs role, public affairs consultancy or trade association);
- Be a thought leader with proven successful management and leadership skills who brings strategic thinking to the company and runs the public affairs strategy entrepreneurially;
- Have cross-functional leadership abilities, business acumen and relevant experience in multi-cultural environments, and operate with trust and transparency;
- Possess a significant external network with key stakeholders, such as the European institutions trade associations and civil society organizations, and, ideally, also with regions outside the EU;
- Be able to work with urgency and manage competing priorities under pressure;
- Be able to work and navigate matrixed organization, including working with C-level management;
- Have excellent spoken and written English skills. Knowledge of French will be considered an advantage.
It’s best to apply today, because job postings can be taken down and we wouldn’t want you to miss this opportunity.
THE FINER PRINT
Please note that we will only accept applications that are made to us via our Careers site. If you experience any difficulty when applying please contact email@example.com.
If you would like to be immediately notified of new Kellogg’s opportunities, please go to ‘Create or access my profile’ and complete the information required in the ‘Job Alerts’ section. You will then receive email alerts as soon as new jobs are advertised.
The Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.eu.